DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Crazy Like a FOX - 10/4/2019

Dolfan in NYC

11 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Saw the first segment and skipped to the end. Tempted as it may be to bitch about it or bring up AEW I think more than anything I'm just glad he didn't lose the title to Orton. I don't like Bork but this is the direction they're going and it makes storyline sense.  But Kofi had a helluva run and it doesn't take anything away from the last few months he's had. 

Why skip all the inbetween? The 4HW tag and Roman/Rowan are worth catching.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

One thing is for sure, if Seth was in Kofi's position, that match was going a little longer than 7 seconds or whatever. Kofi's 6-month run was a Gold Watch reign, the conclusion is proof of that. He was never booked as the guy. He was a placeholder until the FOX move. 

Kofi's been wearing a gold watch up his ass for the past six months?

You all knew I had to...

• Like 4

The ten-man and the lumberjack tonight were their version of a Cibernetico so they blew their wad on that idea already. 

Has any wrestler had Vince by the balls more than Brock since Hogan? I mean this guy can walk at any time to do something else, if he wants the belt it's his, Vince WANTS the belt on him anyway -- he's got a blank check. 

• Like 1

As a person who had to Google who Fury was and only knew Cain because he recently wrestled in Mexico, this episode sucked big time. As a Kofi fan, this episode sucked to a level I have difficulty truly conveying.

The 4HW tag was great.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Why skip all the inbetween? The 4HW tag and Roman/Rowan are worth catching.

Shit, my bad. Forgot to mention it was due to timing as we got caught up in watching Godzilla on TCM. I'll watch the rest tomorrow morning. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

The ten-man and the lumberjack tonight were their version of a Cibernetico so they blew their wad on that idea already. 

once again, I put my "watching CMLL regularly" hat right now to tell you that the point of ciberneticos is to run them into the ground and keep doing them.

This being HIAC... I guess they can't do the "cage escape, last two people fight with their hair on the line" match with the Cell.

Is Braun supposed to be the babyface in this Fury angle? Because he sure came off like an asshole tonight to the point that I'd love to see Fury kick his ass.

Aside from that, I look forward to Brock/Cain potato'ing the fuck out of each other.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The original?

Yes, sir, and still my all time favorite (dare I say the best one?) Right now I believe is Godzilla vs Mothra which I recorded for when I get home. TCM comes through in October. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'll flip to that after the Yankees win.

Looking at it now that'll be pretty soon but may as well cut out now with that score. 

Oh, and Becky and Baron are sitting pretty right now. They hung with The Rock and did great. So good for them. Also loved Becky hitting the blue carpet in a suit, very nice choice. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore

Kofi Kingston got treated worse than a jobber tonight. He was treated like an F- player and like he never should’ve had the belt in the first place. Not to mention, even Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles have fared better against Brock Lesnar. 

WWE never gave a shit or saw him as a main eventer after his title win. Yet another reason why having two brands and two world champions is stupid and pointless.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1