DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2019-20: PERIOD 1

Dolfan in NYC

9 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Every time I see one of those goals I think about the time Pat Quinn was the coach in Edmonton and threatened to scratch Patrick O'Sullivan for scoring one because it was too flashy.

Hockey is strange.

As the old joke goes: any time you enter the offices of an NHL team you have to set your watch back 40 years.

4 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Also I found out today that Luca Sbisa is still in the NHL? Fucking hell, why? He's been the worst player on every single NHL team he's been on.

Technically not true, but only because senile old batshit crazy Lou decided to sign Uncle Leo last offseason (was quite the battle between him and Sobotka over who was the absolute worst player in the league last season.).

• Haha 1

Dear NHL.TV developers, 

F-U for showing me highlights as soon as I open the app that give away game results even though I have "hide scores" turned on. Seriously, F-U. 

Sincerely, 

Pissed off subscriber

Seems like 5 minutes ago that Detroit was 3-1 with one of the hottest lines in hockey. Now they're 3-7 and have been outscored 27-9 during a 6-game losing streak. It's been as ugly as that sounds. 

On 10/23/2019 at 2:22 AM, Tabe said:

Dear NHL.TV developers, 

F-U for showing me highlights as soon as I open the app that give away game results even though I have "hide scores" turned on. Seriously, F-U. 

Sincerely, 

Pissed off subscriber

Is this on the ios or android app? Or another device?  I always use the Roku and never get anything spoilery unless I'm not carefull with the remote.

17 hours ago, piranesi said:

Is this on the ios or android app? Or another device?  I always use the Roku and never get anything spoilery unless I'm not carefull with the remote.

It was on Nvidia Shield (Android TV). 

Edited by Tabe

I can only imagine what Steve Yzerman is thinking when he watches games like last night's 7-3 loss by Detroit. So much incredibly bad defense by every guy on the roster. The Captain's gotta be thinking "holy crap, we have 4 NHL-level players on the whole team. Why did I leave Tampa?" 

52 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I can only imagine what Steve Yzerman is thinking when he watches games like last night's 7-3 loss by Detroit. So much incredibly bad defense by every guy on the roster. The Captain's gotta be thinking "holy crap, we have 4 NHL-level players on the whole team. Why did I leave Tampa?" 

I mean that was true before he came over. Everyone knew Detroit was gonna be a bottom feeder for at least another year. I doubt he’s surprised.