DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 10/2/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Well, here's what is on tap for the first head to head show, and it's basically a mini-Takeover:

FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP: Adam Cole (Bay Bay (c)) vs. Matt Riddle

FOR THE NXT WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP: Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Candice LaRae

FOR THE NXT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: Undisputed Era (reDRagon(c)) vs. The Street Profits (w/Wale)

Johnny Gargano vs. Shane Thorne

The Velveteen Dream in action.

--

HHH has confirmed the show will kick off with Cole/Riddle. 

• Like 1

With Cole/Riddle going on first it will be interesting to see what main events. Candice/Shayna and Profits/ReDragon should be good, but neither quite scream main event in comparison. Hopefully both get decent time.

If this were RAW, they'd start with the title match, have it go 15 minutes and end in a DQ when the rest of UE interfere. which would bring out Street Profits and Velveteen Dream to even the odds. That would then set up the "main event" 8 man tag of Riddle/Dream/Profits v UE. 

WALTER/KUSHIDA graphic for next week appears on the screen... I ran to pick up tickets for next week.

Edited by Edwin

Io/Yim was pretty great, wasn't expecting it to go that long. Shayna/Candice delivered after being hyped for that, good stuff. Shayna forever. Then the rest.. Now I'll go back to not watching nxt anymore and stick to aew.

Cole/Riddle was what it was. Not super into either guy so this was never going to be a great match for me. The Finn appearance was a nice surprise though I can't really say I want to see Finn back in NXT. I actually would rather see him on SD or Raw. Feels like there are plenty of other guys who can go for the NXT Title.

Io/MIa was pretty good. Was nice seeing Io get another strong victory.

Shayna/Candice was damn good and made me wonder why they didn't do this at a Takeover last year. Will be interesting to see who go  for actually dethroning Shayna between Rhea and Dakota who are the only real choices left.

I didn't pay much attention to Thorne/Gargano though I liked what I saw.

Dunne/Burch was good stuff. Dunne as Priest first feud is interesting.

Street Profits vs. ReDragon was pretty damn good as expected. Ciampa's appearance post match was wonderful. I loved how he couldn't take his eyes off of Goldie until Cole pulled her up to refocus Ciampa's attention.

The commercial breaks in this one were weird with them doing the split screen every time and cutting to full commercials in the middle of the split screen occasionally. Really hope this isn't the new norm. I'm fine with the split screens themselves. I just want them to not cut out the action so randomly in the middle of them.

Thought this was a good show, easily the best they have done on USA so far (only their 3rd show to be fair). They definitely played this out at Takeover level with every match getting good time and all of them more or less delivering for the audience.

Such a weird reaction.  "I really enjoyed a lot of NXT, but I'll never watch it again."

I don't really get the "I'm all AEW" reaction.  I enjoyed both shows for the most part.  I'm going to keep watching both shows.  If I love a Popeye's chicken sandwich, that doesn't mean I can't ever go to Chick Fil-a.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Such a weird reaction.  "I really enjoyed a lot of NXT, but I'll never watch it again."

I don't really get the "I'm all AEW" reaction.  I enjoyed both shows for the most part.  I'm going to keep watching both shows.  If I love a Popeye's chicken sandwich, that doesn't mean I can't ever go to Chick Fil-a.

I liked the womens matches. I hate gargano but I could suffer thru and keep watching, but then I can't stand the street profits so that's a bit much, but then ciampas maybe my least favorite wrestler ever so no. just kept getting worse for me.

Edited by DreamBroken

Say what you will about Finn and Ciampa, but they got some of the loudest reactions I've ever heard. Incredible stuff. I guess the NXT roster will get main roster money was true.

Was going to take a 2 month or so break from tapings, but the WALTER graphic for next week convinced me to grab tickets for next week.

Edited by Edwin

Don't think KUSHIDA is that great, but WALTER is a beast and someone I've never seen wrestle live, so I am stoked. NXT GA tickets are $10 only and it's always a fun experience.

6 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

NXT has been available on the Network the next day in Canada I think. No idea what it is going forward. We'll see tomorrow.

The condensed version is on Sportsnet Fridays before SmackDown, but I have no interest in that. 

I'm pretty sure we are still getting the full 2 hours tonight on the Network.