DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2019 - WEEK FIVE

Dolfan in NYC

This will be the most positive Dolphins news of the week.   A Hard Rock Stadium vendor has been arrested after charging a couple $724 for 2 beers at a game this weekend.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/dolphins-fan-beers-game-vendor-police

Also, I believe this is the first time Cleveland has been alone in first place since 1989. Let's see if they can keep it up. 

12 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This will be the most positive Dolphins news of the week.   A Hard Rock Stadium vendor has been arrested after charging a couple $724 for 2 beers at a game this weekend.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/dolphins-fan-beers-game-vendor-police

Also, I believe this is the first time Cleveland has been alone in first place since 1989. Let's see if they can keep it up. 

You know, if the guy was smart, he would've kept the charges small. An extra two or three bucks. The moment you charge someone $724 for two beers, even stadium beers, you're gonna get caught in a hurry.

• Like 2

Wanna know why the Giants didn't put Saquon Barkley on IR?

Because they won't even rule him out yet for Sunday's game.

Now most likely what's gonna happen is he will still miss the next two games (The Giants play the Pats next Thursday)

But yeah.. he isn't gonna be out 8 weeks

The Jets have announced that Sam Darnold still hasn't gotten over the cooties.  Luke Falk will start in this week's loss to the Eagles.  

(Be sure to start Philly's D if you have them.) 

• Haha 1

Has there ever been more historically bad football teams playing in the same season?  I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins, Jets, Bengals, or Racial Slurs went 0-16.  I think the Broncos and Cardinals are good enough to get a win or two, but they're horribly bad too.  

• Like 1

I don't if anyone else has had mono, but I somehow got it a few years ago and I felt like it wrecked me hardcore for a month to two months. Started out with the worst sore and swollen throat of my life where I couldn't barely breathe and then I couldn't stay awake to save my life on top of it. I think all told, it probably took me nearly a year to feel 100%, but most of the symptoms had worn off by almost the 6 month mark. Thankfully I work from home and after 2 weeks off my boss said to just go rest during the day whenever I needed to as long as I kept other stakeholders and project managers up to date about my whereabouts. If you're an athlete though and your job is to train and play a professional sport? I don't know how you get through this and feel normal enough to do that job.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I don't if anyone else has had mono, but I somehow got it a few years ago and I felt like it wrecked me hardcore for a month to two months. Started out with the worst sore and swollen throat of my life where I couldn't barely breathe and then I couldn't stay awake to save my life on top of it. I think all told, it probably took me nearly a year to feel 100%, but most of the symptoms had worn off by almost the 6 month mark. Thankfully I work from home and after 2 weeks off my boss said to just go rest during the day whenever I needed to as long as I kept other stakeholders and project managers up to date about my whereabouts. If you're an athlete though and your job is to train and play a professional sport? I don't know how you get through this and feel normal enough to do that job.

My freshman year of high school I had a friend who disappeared about halfway through the school year.  I ran into him at the mall in my junior or senior year, and I asked him what happened and he said he got mono, and missed the rest of the school year.  He ended up being home schooled, because otherwise he would never been able to catch up with his school work.  Yeah, mono takes months to recover from.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, supremebve said:

Has there ever been more historically bad football teams playing in the same season?  I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins, Jets, Bengals, or Racial Slurs went 0-16.

Since the NFC East and AFC East meet this season - it is impossible for all 4 of those teams to go 0-16

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Since the NFC East and AFC East meet this season - it is impossible for all 4 of those teams to go 0-16

Not to mention Miami and NYJ playing in the same division and twice this year.

Best chance Miami has to not go winless is having a combined 3 games against NYJ and WFC

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Or...not And.  I wouldn't be surprised if one of those teams went 0-16 not all of those teams went 0-16.