DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2019

Dolfan in NYC

The triple threat falls count anywhere match was pretty good.   I didn't see much of the opening tag but it was alright for what I saw.  

I didn't care for the women's match.  I think Penelope Ford has potential and could be a star one day but the rest of it was ehh.   But we know the women's division needs a couple additions and right now I guess there's nothing that can be done.  I don't see anyone available. 

Dark, it's right before the Falls Count Anywhere three-way match. MJF tells a story about being bullied in school because he was Jewish. But then he turns it back around in the most MJF way possible, where you think "what a fuckin' dick" but you still feel sorry for him. You could see him tearing up a little bit, too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Dustin called for the gold post match. New tag team confirmed!

We’ll see I guess. I think Hardwork Bobby Walker once did the belt motion, and that didn’t amount to much. But at least Dustin’s brother has a part in the book, so maybe we’ll see him with a more permanent onscreen roll for him.

I too dug the Kiss from a Rhodes team.  Sonny’s got potential.  The three way was entertaining, but why is this non-dq sanctioned but not some of the others?  Women’s three way was alongside the Brandi singles bout the worst match in the short aew history.  Allie needs to go and develop into a wrestler.  Weak debut for Sadie Gibbs, and she oughta join Allie in developmental.  Penelope Ford has a great look and mannerisms, and might be a good valet/part time wrestler.  God bless Emi, and looking forward to the title fight.  That match had awful editing.  

The MJF segment was a highlight - tho the sentimental music is a bit grating.  Really interested to see where this one goes.  Also, Kip Sabian promo was good.  I don’t get the choice of Superbad moniker - theres nothing about him that is ‘Superbad’. But maybe I’m thinking  too much about James Brown and not enough about the Jonah Hill-Michael Cera comedy picture?  Also, drop the Green and orange colour scheme.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus

Match announcement for Dark nest week: Joey Janela & Jimmy Havoc vs Jurassic Express. And two other matches. One of which has already happened.

7 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Final-Cable-2019-Oct-30-WED.png

As expected, ratings be bad.

Interesting and very sobering thought about the state of the industry: that rating (going head up with the single biggest baseball game possible) was only about 120k less than Smackdown on FS1 (Which was heavily pushed on both NHL and WS broadcasts). Essentially: people will watch wrestling but it's not a priority at all.

After a few months, people are going to notice that guys like Peter Avalon and Brandon Cutler have 0-13 records. And then they'll have to feud with each other in a "Someone's O must go!" match. That will go to a draw, obviously.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AxB said:

After a few months, people are going to notice that guys like Peter Avalon and Brandon Cutler have 0-13 records. And then they'll have to feud with each other in a "Someone's O must go!" match. That will go to a draw, obviously.

I think they’ll need to introduce “seasons” or something where records reset. Otherwise you’ll have guys go on a solid winning streak and still be under .500.