DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2019

Dolfan in NYC

11 minutes ago, notoriusvig said:

Then why the hell did they sign her to a full-time deal?

Healthcare, for one. 

She’s apparently working as an agent, or at least just a backstage hand. So whatever that entails. Same with Brandon Cutler, QT, Leva, etc.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

In the alternate universe where Dusty is still alive in 2019, is he still working at the WWE Performance Centre, or is he in DDP's spot in AEW?

• Like 1

Just now, Cobra Commander said:

would Cody need to find a way to tell Dusty that they've picked somebody else to commentate on the shows?

Dusty probably would be in the Schiavone chair, to be honest.. or maybe he's hosting AEW Dark ("can we call it AEW Prime?")

Dusty would be on the "Mothasheeeip" AEW Dark with whoever they brought in to work with him that week.

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

Shit, I bet he'd insist on swinging a bullrope and throwing an elbow, maybe even blading for a beatdown.

Can you imagine MJF getting a hold of him after the inevitable turn on Cody? That would be aces...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxB said:

ight imma head out

EDIT: In other, less cringe worthy news, per ESPN:

Jake Hager will have some backup at his Bellator 231 fight Friday night at Connecticut's Mohegan Sun. Three of Hager's stablemates from AEW's Inner Circle faction will be will be in attendance to show their support for the 2-0 MMA fighter, a source told ESPN. Sammy Guevara, Santana and Ortiz will all be on hand in the arena and might get into the cage with Hager for a post-fight photo op, the source said. Hager is a former WWE champion who debuted in MMA earlier this year.

Edited by Casey

Can we get someone in AEW to micro manage Ross like Vince just a little and ban stuff like "smoke through a keyhole" "he's not quick he's sudden" and all the other corn-pone stuff he has been saying for years? Man that stuff grates on my almost as bad as Ranallo's cringy references.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, quackhell said:

Can we get someone in AEW to micro manage Ross like Vince just a little and ban stuff like "smoke through a keyhole" "he's not quick he's sudden" and all the other corn-pone stuff he has been saying for years? Man that stuff grates on my almost as bad as Ranallo's cringy references.

It's all cool, so long as he's there to remind dudes to hold the TAG ROPES! 

• Haha 2

And shit on people for not constantly going for pins and always hooking a leg while applying pressure to the shoulders. Like, he's not necessarily wrong but he's so obnoxious and he undermines the talent, the opposite of what he should be doing. He's okay in spots and there have been shows where he's generally passable with limited annoyances but fuck... More and more bitching. Go away.

• Like 1

I am just happy that AEW is keeping the booking strong and the matches tight.   It's obvious from the stellar NXT show this past Wednesday that somebody at WWE corporate is paying attention and doesn't want to cede Wednesday nights to AEW, so they're also booking strong.

The winners are US~!

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

Showerthought.

Given his physiognomy and stature, the fact that Brandon Cutler isn't doing an Alex Wright tribute gimmick is a tremendous oversight. 

I know nothing about D&D but if there's a way for him to integrate that into nise Alex Wright then that would be awesome.