DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2019

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Not sure Tessa back to WWE is possible, because she's a bad breaker upper. 

Did I miss something where Tessa and Daga are like some package deal? Is Daga Ed Leslie now?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

If she did come (which I don’t believe yet that she will), then I’d prefer that she doesn’t get the belt yet. Cutting off Riho’s legs so soon would be a mistake. Put her in with Nyla first. Giving her a slugfest to start would be better for her.

With Nyla being so green, I would make Nyla the Diesel/Sid to Tessa's HBK. Then when Nyla is um..less green, then you split them off and turn Tessa babyface.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Craig H said:

She'd be one of the biggest FA signings for AEW and her dad is there. I think she winds up in AEW.

Wrestlers need to start being smart about this shit. You can look at the complete dogshit that is WWE's system. So, she'll go to NXT, where she already was, do that shit for a year, maybe 2 years, then she'll get called up to the main roster where who the fuck knows happens.

Or she can sign with AEW and be an instant star.

27 minutes ago, Eivion said:

AEW has enough money to counter any WWE offer and has a much smaller division she isn't likely to get lost in. The fact that her father is already working them makes it an even easier decision for her to go there.

I could be wrong, but I feel like I’ve read they aren’t shelling out as much money for women as they were for men, hence people like Jordynne Grace and Tenille signing elsewhere. Plus, at this point AEW seems to only be doing one women’s match a show, so it’s not like you’re automatically destined for lots of time versus NXT.

20 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Did I miss something where Tessa and Daga are like some package deal? Is Daga Ed Leslie now?

No. Her and Ricochet "allegedly" had a shitty breakup and an incident at the performance center. 

Tessa is a star, give her the belt, and build someone up to try and knock her down. 

The whole "contract is up" stuff sounds a little weird though, considering how Impact was booking her to eventually take down Callihan. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dewar said:

No. Her and Ricochet "allegedly" had a shitty breakup and an incident at the performance center. 

With the amount of rl couples and former couples across WWE brands, I would assume they have a protocol in place by now to keep people apart who don't need to be around each other. 

The whole "contract is up" stuff sounds a little weird though, considering how Impact was booking her to eventually take down Callihan. 

Yeah, that would be a different type of ineptness unless she already verbally agree to come back.

After seeing how good her English is, I feel Shida has the potential to translate really well when she makes the permanent move over. 

Tessa apparently signed long-term with IMPACT in July of last year, in what world is 15 months considered ''long term''?

D'Amore tweeted on the announcement, saying:

"Excited to have an elite athlete like Tessa Blanchard part of Impact Wrestling for years to come."

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I could be wrong, but I feel like I’ve read they aren’t shelling out as much money for women as they were for men, hence people like Jordynne Grace and Tenille signing elsewhere. Plus, at this point AEW seems to only be doing one women’s match a show, so it’s not like you’re automatically destined for lots of time versus NXT.

The Jordynne Grace thing didn't have to do with money. If it was all about money to her then she would have gone to WWE or AEW. She chose Impact because it let her have more family time/be with her fiance more and freed her up to do independent spots more than she thought she'd be able to with WWE or AEW.

As for other women, I hope Shida winds up signing with AEW at some point. I was more into her than Riho, but Riho has completely captured all of the fans now, so what do I know.

Hikaru Shida signed full time with AEW a long time ago. She's finishing up Japan dates this month and moving to the US in November.

EDIT: Also, the Tessa Blanchard talk - the guy on Twitter that mentioned this also backtracked and mentioned the Impact "long term" deal, saying it was likely up in July 2020. So who the fuck knows what this dude is on about. Either way, I don't think Tessa would come to AEW, since she expressed to Chris Van Vliet how much she loves doing intergender stuff now in Impact. And Tony Khan isn't a fan of that. She's also a trainer for WOW, and she likes doing that apparently.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 2

Damn, I got my hopes up on Tessa signing with AEW for nothing.  I guess The Shadow (or wherever he heard it from) doesn't know.

But I do know that this video is fucking awesome.  It's MJF being MJF and it's entertaining as hell.  I also loved the details in his demeanor when Cody walks in and after he leaves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

So we're getting a heel team winning the belt and having a match against Rock'n'Rolls after they disrespect the legends, cool! 

C'mon, this shit writes itself. It's gotta happen.

It will be curious to see if they break continuity/kayfabe with the RnR vis a vis the NWA show.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 9:26 AM, Godfrey said:

I agree, it’s the promotion’s weakest point. Where are Awesome and Aja Kong? They were big selling points for me when things were getting started and they haven’t really factored in that much. Maybe losing Kylie threw more of a wrench in the works than we thought. On the other hand, there legit isn’t a woman I can think of that’s a free agent and could solidify the division so maybe they just don’t have the talents to work with yet.

Awesome has been busy with GLOW and has had a bad back for years. She's very limited right now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Damn, I got my hopes up on Tessa signing with AEW for nothing.  I guess The Shadow (or wherever he heard it from) doesn't know.

But I do know that this video is fucking awesome.  It's MJF being MJF and it's entertaining as hell.  I also loved the details in his demeanor when Cody walks in and after he leaves.

MJF and Brandi have such great chemistry together.

• Like 1