DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2019

Dolfan in NYC

the tope with way too little room wasn't even the craziest/stupidest spot in the match.. I thought that going through the underside of a folded table was pretty stupidly risky too.

we deserve a Leva Bates book reading as a palate cleanser after Omega/Janela.

Also, when it comes to comparisons for what Dark is compared to Dynamite.... it seems more like Worldwide than Saturday Night.. maybe the Schiavone in a control center aspect of the show makes me think of Saturday afternoons of Worldwide.

• Like 1

Janela vs Omega was a bonkers ass match. Lots of fucking crazy spots as noted. I loved Excalibur’s call of “the pool is empty” when Janela went through that table off the ladder. 

Kenny pulling the table out from under the ring getting a pop tickles me. The two lasting impact from the “attitude era” seem to be table spots and worked shoots.

my grope with the show was the 8 man. I really don’t think it fits The Dark Order to team up with people in multi man matches. They are done weird loner sex cult shouldn’t two of the gimps just be the two other men?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Janela vs Omega was a bonkers ass match. Lots of fucking crazy spots as noted. I loved Excalibur’s call of “the pool is empty” when Janela went through that table off the ladder. 

Kenny pulling the table out from under the ring getting a pop tickles me. The two lasting impact from the “attitude era” seem to be table spots and worked shoots.

my grope with the show was the 8 man. I really don’t think it fits The Dark Order to team up with people in multi man matches. They are done weird loner sex cult shouldn’t two of the gimps just be the two other men?

How do we know Jack Evans and Angelico aren't into weird weird sex cults? Don't judge a book by its cover.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

How do we know Jack Evans and Angelico aren't into weird weird sex cults? Don't judge a book by its cover.

If I were to judge Evans and Angelico by their covers, I'd absolutely say they were into weird sex cults.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Godfrey said:

If I were to judge Evans and Angelico by their covers, I'd absolutely say they were into weird sex cults.

Evans and Angelico remind me of the skids from Letterkenny:

My god...Evans and Angelico are Stewart and Roald...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest The Magnificent 7

Nothing against Darby Allin, but that Buzzfeed style writing is so cringeworthy. Headlines like “Apologies to this hockey kid, but I am this kid’s mother now”...was Deadspin always 4th grade reading level?

I tend to even like casual writing. That style is the worst, though. It’s maybe half a step above “Me, Grimlock like cake.”  

As for the whole Marko Stunt size/credibility thing. There are pequeno luchadors in Mexico who are the same height as Marko, but some of them are also 40lbs heavier than Marko. So, just to put him in some international context.

So with the expectations for guys in the US, Marko is sorta in the mascota realm in some people’s perceptions (although Marko is a foot-plus taller than the mascotas in Mexico)

• Like 1

Thinking about Marko more, I don't want to hear a fucking word about the guy anymore. We all accepted Spike Dudley and countless others, but Marko, who isn't even doing power moves, is where people draw the line? Fuck that.

• Thanks 5