DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2019

Dolfan in NYC

7 hours ago, AxB said:

In other news, Angelico and Jack Evans are now called The Hybridz.

JR: These genetically engineered sin on Christianity are running ramshack over the tag division, and it’s making me sick, Tony!

Actually it’s the Hybrid 2...

EGT48y2WkAM7_J1?format=jpg&name=large

Like if there is another Hybrid, or they are Takeshi Rikio & Takeshi Morishima.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

SCU were heels starting out in ROH and when their catchphrase caught on they've been pretty much babyfaces since then.  And I see the Lucha Bros. as faces as well so it could just be matches like the dark match done in the spirit of competition.  I honestly like that for the sports-focused presentation they're going for.

Speaking of the dark matches I'd watch the first and third one.  The women's tag match was fine but people didn't care.  I think turning down the mics for the ring may have hurt this as there wasn't much oomph on the bumps.  Thankfully people were really into the last match with Jurassic Express.  Luchasaurus was super over and he was impressive to watch.

17 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

AEW Dark has been pretty solid so far.  I recommend it.  

Darby Allin/Cima lived up to the hype. 

I love it being slow at work. I already watched NWA Power.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

I'm going to watch AEW Dark here soon tonight - I'm actually looking forward to seeing all of those matches. Probably most interested in the women's tag match, since I'm just dying for the women's division to prove something, anything, to me. Riho/Nyla wasn't BAD, but I don't really like David vs Goliath type matches and the way they're structured.

That being said, though - the more I watch these media outlets coverage of AEW, like NY ComicCon or Entertainment Weekly or BUILD Series, I find myself liking Nyla the person way more than I do her on-screen character.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

AEW Dark, and NWA Power. I can’t believe the first wrestling of the week I watch is exclusive to streams.

Add in MLW Fusion for me since I don't get bein. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

CIMA/Allin was good. I really hope Darby uses the Last Supper and more technique than almost everything being high flying stuff. 

I get that it's modern pro wrestling but Private Party does so much overly contrived shit that I just can't get into them. There was little to no flow in this match and it dragged until the finishing sequence.

I didn't notice anything wrong with the ring mic'ing on the women's match, it's probably that they're considerably lighter than the men. Britt Baker... man, it's great that she's got the whole dentistry thing going on, and she's in great shape, and she's looks like a star... but she's the shits in the ring right now. She has okay emotion but that's about it.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 2

I thought Cima Vs. Allin was the only match worthy of being seen by the public. The rest were definitely dark matches. I’m hoping in the future they try to get some  enhancement matches on here if they want to fill out the time, and test the TV equipment before the live show starts. The rest of the show should be for hyping up Dynamite with promos, and TV packages. Also, they need to build a set for Tony. I know they’re tight with the budget right now, but I don’t see the issue with them springing some cash for a damn desk.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

Dark was a cool show. Every match was tight. Tony in that green screen studio throwing to the matches, showing Dynamite highlights, promoting tomorrow’s Dynamite the show kind of reminded me of a Saturday Morning Wrestling Show.

JR and Excalibur make a great duo. They call the match a novel concept. Darby vs Cima was the best match of the night what a great opener. The show really showed off how diverse the roster really is so many different style of matches. Tons of fun.

Orange Cassidy was super over and good for him. They got a breakout star if they do it right. In the surface the gimmick is all “Yeah, I am tight. Deal with it” but the twist is ol Pockets is actually good at wrestling. I don’t think he should be World Champion or anything but he may be able to have a main event or two if built right.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Her submission finisher was kinda cool. 

Bit similar to Pac's finish though. I wouldn't be surprised if for this week only, the Wrestlers were under the impression they were just dark matches for the live crowd, and went a little less hard than if they otherwise would have. Still, it was pretty good.

I'd really love it if Orange Cassidy ended up getting super over, like biggest star in the company over. And not just because it would drive Cornette nuts.