DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2019

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Kevin Smith has lost a lot of weight. Good for him.

He had already lost 80 lbs. by doing Weight Watchers and cutting out all sugar. So no juices, sodas, candy, or any other sweets. If it's sweet, it needs to be an actual piece of fruit he's eating.

And then he had the massive heart attack.

Then he really kicked his weight loss into high gear. His daughter's a vegetarian and she really urged him to change more of his eating habits. Not wanting to not be there for his kid, he changed that as well so now he's also a vegetarian. He's lost so much weight now that he looks a lot like his dad. 

• Like 1

So next week in Boston, Young Bucks vs Private Party and Moxley vs Shawn Spears. I'm guessing both end in upsets (nb: I don't think they're doing Lucha Bros vs Young Bucks as a tag tourney semi-final, so either PP beat the Bucks or A Boy and his Dinosaur beat Penta & Fenix, or both). Whilst because I'm going all in on my faction wars theory, I see Spears going over Mox thanks to interference from Tully's new recruit(s), thus giving a storyline reason for Mox not being in the title picture, setting up the Blanchard faction and letting Mox know he needs some backup.

12 minutes ago, AxB said:

So next week in Boston, Young Bucks vs Private Party and Moxley vs Shawn Spears. I'm guessing both end in upsets (nb: I don't think they're doing Lucha Bros vs Young Bucks as a tag tourney semi-final, so either PP beat the Bucks or A Boy and his Dinosaur beat Penta & Fenix, or both). Whilst because I'm going all in on my faction wars theory, I see Spears going over Mox thanks to interference from Tully's new recruit(s), thus giving a storyline reason for Mox not being in the title picture, setting up the Blanchard faction and letting Mox know he needs some backup.

I agree on both. Couple upsets happening next week.

I know this is well trodden ground especially with the tournament brackets, but they really do have an embarrassment of riches in the tag division, including singles who can swap in, I make it:

10 full time teams: LAX / Dark Order / Best Friends / Angelico Evans / Private Party / Strong Hearts / Jurassic Express / SCU / Young Bucks / Lucha Bros 

Part time teams: Rhodes Bros

Given that at least 3 of those teams are trios and can mix up which 2 compete, plus the emerging heel stable dynamics, they could do theoretically do 3 new tag match-ups every week and keep going for months of TV.

For as weak as the women’s division, I think this tag strength more than makes up for it. 

• Like 3

Also on next week's show: Joey Janela in a match. A men's singles match, where the winner gets the title shot in Philadelphia Week 3. These two things may or may not be the same thing. Alsom the Women's title is going to be defended in Philly as well, so maybe some sort of challenger determination match there as well.

One would think PAC would be in the championship match qualifier given wins over Omega and Page. Allin went the distance with Cody and got the win over CIMA. A bit weak to justify a title qualifier, but would be a good match.

• Like 1

I don't understand how North Carolina can do so well in terms of TV ratings but there are a shitload of tickets still available for the show there. Looking at the seating charts for shows in November and beyond is pretty ugly. I'm interested in seeing how they handle this if the first few weeks of TV don't create an upsurge in ticket sales.

22 hours ago, AxB said:

I see Mox losing due to Omega interference to further the Battle of the Tweeners but a Tully faction would be sick.