DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2019

Dolfan in NYC

The show was really great with more original content than I expected. Was kind of like an hour long Road To show which I very much approve of. 

And thanks to @crazypook we're sitting in section 102 instead of 436. So much love to him and we're so unbelievably fucking excited! 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Well shit. I missed the show tonight and it doesn't look like it's in the on demand section on YTTV. Will this be replayed anywhere else?

Honestly, you didn't miss much. It just combined footage from the previous Road To videos this year for the events, and stuff from Being The Elite for All In last year, etc. The Schiavone sit down interview with Cody was from a previous Control Center segment, Kenny sit down interview about Moxley was from Road to All Out, etc. The only new footage, from what I could tell, was Jericho and Santana/Ortiz interacting, but that was obviously shot in the moments after All Out ended.

It was basically an introduction piece for people that might not know what AEW is or who the Elite (and the people surrounding them) are. Meltzer was a talking head - wearing a LIJ shirt. I'm positive that's old footage, though.

14 minutes ago, Casey said:

Honestly, you didn't miss much.

More general rant, but I've been off the grid for a few days for the most part, and for what's supposed to be the most exciting week in wrestling in years I feel like I haven't missed much. There's the Rush/Dragon Lee stuff, Punk auditioning for a Fox Sports show, and it gets diminishing returns from there. LAX the non-mystery guys in AEW. AEW's foreign TV getting pinned down. Lashley coming back? Dominic taking some bumps. WWE storytelling making no sense with the circle of Rusev cucking. Really, the fact that they've only announced three matches for a PPV this weekend seems as most of that. 

The week feels all unbalanced now that Smackdown is on Friday and the other big show of the week is Wednesday. Tuesday's become a gaping black hole.

19 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

The show was really great with more original content than I expected. Was kind of like an hour long Road To show which I very much approve of. 

And thanks to @crazypook we're sitting in section 102 instead of 436. So much love to him and we're so unbelievably fucking excited! 

Right,the last one they just played the online stuff, this was excellent. I saw hangman at Roh in buffalo a year ago but like him even more now #cowboyshit, also now I'm ln love with riho. I'm making  catfish nuggets and a pizza tomorrow night. Can't wait!.have fun niko! Hope.they visit buffalo soon.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I can't wait for tomorrow night and Philly in two werks. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I can't wait for next week in Boston.  I don't know much besides Young bucks vs. Private Party but we're excited for it. 

I get the first defense of both the world and women's title.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

How long till people all over the country are hosting weekly Dynamite Parties? 

Sounds like something that would get you put on a watch list.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Is Wednesday night dynamite what you get in the bathroom after eating Cracker Barrel?

That depends. It could be Thursday Thunder, Friday Fucked Up, Saturday & Sunday Shitstorm, etc.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Is Wednesday night dynamite what you get in the bathroom after eating Cracker Barrel?

It's literal business synergy all the way around as it makes its way through your digestive tract.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Enjoy, my friend. Kudos to @crazypook.

• Like 2

Really only wanted to post the blurb about the PPVs but Twitter threading is stupid

See the whole thread for the full Khan interview recap (he is really against using an "invisible camera")

Couple things...I don't understand how they're going to keep doing BTE or what the point will be other than BTE Maaaaailbag, which is all the show is today. If the Bucks et al are too busy then I'd rather see Dustin and Greg take it over or something.

Also, thank goodness he doesn't like the invisible camera. 

Edited by Craig H

Full Gear having a home in Baltimore?  Fuck yeah, man.  I know Baltimore's a shitshow so for them to value it enough to make it a yearly thing makes me happy.

And I think with BTE it might be useful to have talent not as heavily featured use it to keep themselves busy.  That plus the mailbag wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

For people who have gone to AEW shows before how are the merch tables at shows?   Do they have a wide selection of stuff or is it like the other promotions and only the big sellers are available.   I would think since they are a new promotion they would want as many different shirts as possible and not 10,000 Bullet Club shirts and maybe 5 Jungle Boy shirts.

10 minutes ago, hammerva said:

For people who have gone to AEW shows before how are the merch tables at shows?   Do they have a wide selection of stuff or is it like the other promotions and only the big sellers are available.   I would think since they are a new promotion they would want as many different shirts as possible and not 10,000 Bullet Club shirts and maybe 5 Jungle Boy shirts.

When I went to Fyter Fest, Pro Wrestling Tees had one stand available(Ocean Center had a very old layout), but they had a ton of variety. Felt like there were 20 shirts available of 65% of the roster.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

You know between the additional seating being added to the show tonight and the fact that you can get upper deck seats on Stubhub for $6 now,  i am even more madder that I went through that ticketmaster bullshit when they first went on sale.    What an idiot ?‍♂️

Edited by hammerva

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Full Gear having a home in Baltimore?  Fuck yeah, man.  I know Baltimore's a shitshow so for them to value it enough to make it a yearly thing makes me happy.

Following the the footsteps of NWA/WCW where they had the Bash in Baltimore every year for a good stretch. 

Are they ever going to tear down and rebuild the Civic Center/Baltimore Arena/ 1st Mariner/Royal Farm Arena/whatever it's call now?  I remember the idea was seriously discussed a while back and, holy shit, I just looked it up and the building is 57 years old.