DVDVR Message Board

2019 Q4 TELEVISION DISCUSSION

John from Cincinnati

On 11/8/2019 at 9:24 PM, driver said:

I don't know if I'm the only one watching Mr. Inbetween or not, but this season has been great. Noting is more ominous than

Reveal hidden contents

Ray walking down the stairs carrying the shovel and walking into the hidden room to do what he needed to do.

I finally caught up, guess next week is the season finale. Even though I take it he's well set money-wise Ray's life has really fallen apart this season. Since I don't remember all the details, have they mentioned why he doesn't talk to his dad? 

I got a bad feeling about seeing that building in flames for the preview.

EDIT: Apparently Scott Ryan made a similar film before Mr. Inbetween, which I did not know

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Lil' Bitch Supercut from this past week's Mr. Robot

I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking that I had "lil bitch" approximately 30 times on the last episode.

By the way, we haven't discussed this final season much, if at all, but I've really liked it. A couple weeks back when USA announced it would be a very special episode of Mr. Robot, I though that they might go for a musical episode. Instead they went with no one having any lines.

Also, while I've liked this season, my scifi brain immediately becomes interested in where this show could go whenever something scifi related comes up. In this case, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT ALL OF THE EQUATIONS WERE FOR ON WHITE ROSE'S WHITE BOARD!!! I'm guessing it has something to do with quantum computing or parallel universes or both.

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking that I had "lil bitch" approximately 30 times on the last episode.

By the way, we haven't discussed this final season much, if at all, but I've really liked it. A couple weeks back when USA announced it would be a very special episode of Mr. Robot, I though that they might go for a musical episode. Instead they went with no one having any lines.

Also, while I've liked this season, my scifi brain immediately becomes interested in where this show could go whenever something scifi related comes up. In this case, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT ALL OF THE EQUATIONS WERE FOR ON WHITE ROSE'S WHITE BOARD!!! I'm guessing it has something to do with quantum computing or parallel universes or both.

I believe on Reddit someone said that quantum computing was the answer.

I hope they don't go sci-fi with this and, instead, go with Pryce's explanation: Whiterose is simply a crazy person.

Whatever the case, I just hope we get a satisfying ending, nothing vague and no cop-outs.

Edited by Technico Support

1 minute ago, Technico Support said:

I believe on Reddit someone said that quantum computing was the answer.

I hope they don't go sci-fi with this and, instead, go with Pryce's explanation: Whiterose is simply a crazy person.

Whatever the case, I just hope we get a satisfying ending, nothing vague and no cop-outs.

I think there's been too many hints at something more scifi going on to simply do nothing, but I also like what you said, which is that Pryce and others just think Whiterose is crazy. Even still, the universe of Mr. Robot is not our universe. Events there have occurred at different times than they did here. Maybe Whiterose wants Elliot and Mr. Robot to help complete her quantum computer or something with the thought of being able to look into other universes. I wouldn't even be surprised if it's revealed that she can "see" Mr. Robot or she talks to us at some point. 

Actually, typing that out, it all looks, sounds, and feels too much like House of Cards meets Man in the High Castle. Yeah, maybe just go with Whiterose is just a crazy person pursuing something that isn't physically possible. 

What I do like is that I have no idea how any of this will end.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I finally caught up, guess next week is the season finale. Even though I take it he's well set money-wise Ray's life has really fallen apart this season. Since I don't remember all the details, have they mentioned why he doesn't talk to his dad? 

I got a bad feeling about seeing that building in flames for the preview.

I don't remember any specific reason being given, but I can imagine it was something pretty rancid.

16 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Lil' Bitch Supercut from this past week's Mr. Robot

Vera says "lil bitch" in one episode more times than the entire cast of Succession says "fuck off" in one season

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Has anyone started watching His Dark Materials on hbo up yet?

Yes.  It is awesome and is pretty much the James McAvoy and Lin-Manuel Miranda Show featuring Dafne Keen at this moment, but Ruth Wilson is chewing on scenery and KILLING IT~!

Right now, the solid performances from the cast are overshadowed by the metric shit ton of world building going on.  It is still settling in after two episodes, but I am sure it will get better.

It is so good that I have already forgotten that other movie thing they made with whassisname.

Edited by J.T.

Some of those shows are so obscure I wondered if they were unaired pilots. But some of the later ones were actually shows I remember airing for awhile. Free Spirit was a Corinne Bohrer vehicle so I was 100% on board because she is still my No. 1 80s dreamboat.  The funniest thing about it was that Alysson Hannigan was in it, playing a high school freshman in 1988 or whenever.  Fast forward literally ten years later and Alysson Hannigan is on Buffy playing a high school sophomore. The Jack Warden one aired for awhile and I think the one about the nurses was on for more than one season. But that track show...what in the living fuck????

And i remember the weird priest show for the same reason I remember a few other very short-lived shows, because it popped up very late in the school year right when it was starting to be spring and I have weirdly distinct memories of a few shows specifically because i was just getting to open the windows and spend a crisp cool spring evening excited for Summer watching shitty late-season replacement shows. It was kind of a special thing ritual for me. I remember The Bronx Zoo for the same reason.

Edited by piranesi

2 minutes ago, piranesi said:

But that track show...what in the living fuck????

I just wondered who thought it was a good idea to show her running. I also remember Corinne. Ay caramba!  My other take away from that was how many of those intros didn't actually show the actors.

This thing is truly the best thing.  The Triple Threat will give Alex the epic send off he deserves if this is what this is turning out to be.

Good on James for making this into a spectacle.  Brad and Ken must answer or be branded bitches.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

This thing is truly the best thing.  The Triple Threat will give Alex the epic send off he deserves if this is what this is turning out to be.

Good on James for making this into a spectacle.  Brad and Ken must answer or be branded bitches.

Brad already did:

• Like 1