DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING GIFS

2 hours ago, BurningBeard said:

I thought that was going to be one of those endless loop gifs, then I started laughing about how annoying that match would be with just non-stop attempts to get out of a wrist lock

I'd watch that match.

• Like 2

I would, too! But then, in 1967 I watched an NWA Title Broadway between Gene Kiniski and Wahoo McDaniel that included roughly ten minutes of Gene trying to escape a body scissors and another ten going through the corny "test of strength" gimmick that Gene padded his title matches with. Still thought it was great. So YMMV.

On 10/17/2019 at 4:39 PM, BurningBeard said:

Still one of my faves, its not everyone who can claim to have invented an entire style but him and Marty Jones can.

I always wondered how his career would’ve gone if he didn’t have to retire early. Can see him following the Finlay route into WCW... then mixing it up with Malenko and the cruiserweights? ?

Agreed. I love Rocco. Bump freak, who knew how to get crowds riled up and he also had one of the nastiest piledrivers/tombstones/TTD's ever.

Edited by Edwin

giphy.gif

Speaking of Rollerball, here he is dumping Psycho Stevens out of the ring who takes a nasty bump and almost breaks his neck.

giphy.gif

And here he hits a Ganso Bomb from a back body drop on Psycho Stevens, too.

Edited by Edwin

2 hours ago, LP Steve said:

I would, too! But then, in 1967 I watched an NWA Title Broadway between Gene Kiniski and Wahoo McDaniel that included roughly ten minutes of Gene trying to escape a body scissors and another ten going through the corny "test of strength" gimmick that Gene padded his title matches with. Still thought it was great. So YMMV.

Sounds like the Bob Armstrong/Dick Murdoch match from SMW where they spent 20 minutes (TWENTY MINUTES) in a headlock... and Dick knew so many spots about escaping it only to get caught again that they never lost the crowd.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, olythegreat89 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12573180

D4ZRPaj.gif

Baby Ryan Gosling loving it ?

20 minutes ago, Pete said:

Sounds like the Bob Armstrong/Dick Murdoch match from SMW where they spent 20 minutes (TWENTY MINUTES) in a headlock... and Dick knew so many spots about escaping it only to get caught again that they never lost the crowd.

Trademark Dick Murdoch, I love it