DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING GIFS

10 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Considering the first one was barely even felt, I'll go with the second. My back needs a good adjustment.

For the sledgehammer one, I'm less talking about the impact and more talking about the fact that someone decided to get on all fours and let someone swing a sledgehammer at their back.  I'm generally not into anything where celebrating the fact that I'm not paralyzed is the only good outcome.  

Hey, at least he's not paralyzed! Oh, right. I think it's one of your typical Circus parlor tricks anyway. The heavier it is, the easier it is to break the top brick due to various laws of physics and weight. It's unlikely Barbarian felt much of it. Now, get him to headbutt it instead and we're talking.

Image result for headbutting cinder block

Edited by Ryan

Which might win an actual shoot fight?! Uh, you could turn the facelock of the Bank Statement into a choke if they don't know what they're doing. The waki gatame is a real move in Judo, but I don't think it's very easy to do one that looks like Becky does. The other two are blatantly not going to work very well.

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Which might win an actual shoot fight?! Uh, you could turn the facelock of the Bank Statement into a choke if they don't know what they're doing. The waki gatame is a real move in Judo, but I don't think it's very easy to do one that looks like Becky does. The other two are blatantly not going to work very well.

That's a Jujigatame, and you never see it done vertically like that. Belly up or Belly down, it works, if they don't turn the elbow over.

Wakigatames only work in Judo because you need sleeves to hold on to. Figure Four's work, but no way are you putting one on somebody who isn't letting you. The Bank Statement has a lot of air showing, so it's escapable. So I'd say the Belly to Belly Suplex is the most damaging... depending on whether you're landing on concrete or grass, obviously.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Hey, at least he's not paralyzed! Oh, right. I think it's one of your typical Circus parlor tricks anyway. The heavier it is, the easier it is to break the top brick due to various laws of physics and weight. It's unlikely Barbarian felt much of it. Now, get him to headbutt it instead and we're talking.

Image result for headbutting cinder block

Who? That’s the Ballbaron!

1 hour ago, AxB said:

That's a Jujigatame, and you never see it done vertically like that. Belly up or Belly down, it works, if they don't turn the elbow over.

Wakigatames only work in Judo because you need sleeves to hold on to. Figure Four's work, but no way are you putting one on somebody who isn't letting you. The Bank Statement has a lot of air showing, so it's escapable. So I'd say the Belly to Belly Suplex is the most damaging... depending on whether you're landing on concrete or grass, obviously.

Blame websites for calling it a fujiwara armbar modification. I wasn't sure what the hell to call it. The version Nagata uses is called an ude gatame, but doesn't look like one at all.

giphy.gif 

Great spot, but there's no way Brandi should've gotten up after that bump. She should've been stretchered away and Sammy could've used that in future heel promos. Also made no sense for Cody to shake Sammy's hand at the end of the match. THE MAN JUST PUT YOUR WIFE IN HARMS WAY!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, olythegreat89 said:

giphy.gif 

Great spot, but there's no way Brandi should've gotten up after that bump. She should've been stretchered away and Sammy could've used that in future heel promos. Also made no sense for Cody to shake Sammy's hand at the end of the match. THE MAN JUST PUT YOUR WIFE IN HARMS WAY!

Too be fair she put herself in harms way. Also probably needed Brandi needed to be there. I swear I saw her using a heel to hit Sammy in the face. If that was the case, then that put over Sammy with this TNT faithfull after he kicked out. Sammy > Hogan.

I understand she's a wrestler, but her being "hurt" would probably put more heat on Sammy and it could build to something bigger. It's not like we need Brandi in the ring right now, or at all. But those are my $0.02.

I know they were making Sammy look strong with that finish, but Cody is about to wrestle for the title. He shouldn't have to use underhanded tactics to beat Sammy Guavara. 

1 hour ago, olythegreat89 said:

I understand she's a wrestler, but her being "hurt" would probably put more heat on Sammy and it could build to something bigger. It's not like we need Brandi in the ring right now, or at all. But those are my $0.02.

I know they were making Sammy look strong with that finish, but Cody is about to wrestle for the title. He shouldn't have to use underhanded tactics to beat Sammy Guavara. 

I feel like it was worth it. Before that match I didn’t give two shits about Sammy. Now he feels like a legit rising star, and not a man that can win a John “The Pestmeister” Leguizamo look-a-like contest.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1