DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 7

Dolfan in NYC

There has never and likely will never be a guy like Peyton.

Jim Kelly says hi. . . .
 Kelly was great, but he wasn't close to the level Peyton lives on. I mean, Manning has 3 seasons (not counting this one) of higher qb ratings than Kelly's career best (and a 4th that was only .2 behind it) and a 96.7 to 84.4 career rating advantage.  His career completion percentage is 5.4 points higher, and then you can get into the counting stats, where he is rapidly mowing down everyone not named Favre. Jim Kelly was a forerunner to Peyton in terms of running an offense, but he never did it nearly as well as Manning does.
Give him the pansy defensive rules and he might, oh yeah he played outdoors in cold weather too, unlike manning.
After our previous discussion, I thought you were a homer. Now I think you are a lunatic.

Jim Kelly says hi. . . .
 Kelly was great, but he wasn't close to the level Peyton lives on. I mean, Manning has 3 seasons (not counting this one) of higher qb ratings than Kelly's career best (and a 4th that was only .2 behind it) and a 96.7 to 84.4 career rating advantage.  His career completion percentage is 5.4 points higher, and then you can get into the counting stats, where he is rapidly mowing down everyone not named Favre. Jim Kelly was a forerunner to Peyton in terms of running an offense, but he never did it nearly as well as Manning does.
Give him the pansy defensive rules and he might, oh yeah he played outdoors in cold weather too, unlike manning.
After our previous discussion, I thought you were a homer. Now I think you are a lunatic.

No he's just a troll of laughable quality

Am I the only one who is tired of the Geno Smith GOAT nuthugging? I was ready for Greg Gumble to have an orgasm during one of his catches with how bad it got. Every interception he throws is categorized as a "rookie mistake" and they were calling simple passes of his "beautiful" and "breath taking" with one of them saying we are "seeing the progression of a great NFL quaterback".

The Jets are doing with Geno what they did with Sanchez in 2009 and 2010--build a strong defense, develop a solid running game, and have receivers just good enough to catch a few passes to win the game.  Now Geno's arm is stronger than Sanchez's so he can go downfield more, but the blueprint for their rookie seasons feels the same to me.  So expect the Jets to forget how to build around the guy in 2015 and him becoming a shell of himself in 2016.

Jim Kelly says hi. . . .

No he's just a troll of laughable quality

Here's the thing, you said there had never been a QB who calculated stuff in his head like that, and the K-gun offense was extremely similar, and make those USFL years into NFL years, and Kelly's higher on the charts. Now take the defensive rules that have softened up considerably, and an argument can be made. Peyton is better, but this talk that there has never been a Qb like him is hyperbolic to the extreme. In days past, most qb's would call their own plays, but eras  have a way of distorting stats.  Now switch Manning with Marino, Elway, and yes Kelly, and they would be doing the same stuff Manning is, and he would be the footnote to history.

SQUISH THE DANDY FISH!

As for the Kelly VS Manning debate, I'll say this: Peyton is a lot more consistent then Kelly was. When Kelly was on, the K-Gun could light up scoreboards, but when he was off (see: the last three Super Bowls), it could get ugly unless the defense played well.

There are a lot more 10-7, 17-10 style games during the Bills' big run in the early 90's than people remember.

I want to know what NFL coverage rzombie is watching where they are nuthugging Geno Smith. They called him out for throwing a ridiculously stupid interception today, and pointed out he's got a strong arm and throws a good deep ball. That's all true. He outplayed TOM FUCKING BRADY yesterday, some praise is warranted. Don't know where GOAT praise is coming from, more like they are calling him a fucking goat when he keeps throwing stupid interceptions.

SQUISH THE DANDY FISH!

As for the Kelly VS Manning debate, I'll say this: Peyton is a lot more consistent then Kelly was. When Kelly was on, the K-Gun could light up scoreboards, but when he was off (see: the last three Super Bowls), it could get ugly unless the defense played well.

There are a lot more 10-7, 17-10 style games during the Bills' big run in the early 90's than people remember.

Alright, I can admit when I've gone too far. . . .

I'm not sure if drugs have any kind of affect on ligaments and tendons at all or not. It might make it easier to tear because the muscles attached to them grow, but they don't.