DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING PICTURES

17 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Dammit, I'm finally gonna have to dig this match up and watch it all the way through aren't I? 

EDIT: Found it. It amuses me that he goes by "The Steel" 

EDIT II: Well I should've FF'd that, it's not the match. Rayo in fact does jack shit the entire match. The only bump taken is by the poor ref who get tossed under the bottom rope and lands right on his shoulder and face (!).

Yeah, the unmasking was in the angle leading up to this.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Yeah, the unmasking was in the angle leading up to this.

I found a tag where they rip it off, tear it up and throw it in the crowd but none where they set it on fire. I imagine that might have had a riot reaction which is why I wanted to see it so bad.

12 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I found a tag where they rip it off, tear it up and throw it in the crowd but none where they set it on fire. I imagine that might have had a riot reaction which is why I wanted to see it so bad.

It happened at the Homenaje al Salvador Lutteroth show in 1998 if that helps at all.

Spoiler

Mr Niebla wins the one-night tournament and the original Rayo de Jalisco is presenting him with the trophy when Universo 2000 runs in and attacks both guys. Rayo Jr comes rumbling down to save his dad, only for Steel to jump him, leading to the unmasking and burning. Interestingly this was after he'd already started as Val Venis - and he worked their Anniversary the following year as Val. He spoke fluent Spanish which helped the gimmick alot.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Great, now I'm imagining Val intoning "Hola, senoritas" into the mic. The CMLL ring girls wouldn't work though, he'd have to go get some ladies that looked busted up like him for the gimmick to work. Maybe just come out to the ring with Jasmin St. Claire.

It was actually "Hola, chicas!" And yes, they popped. ?

Also, this.

Image may contain: 1 person

• Like 4

I guess based off who's shoulders Luger's on, Crush is the actual American Hero. I could see Luger as the corrupt, capitalist all-American heel who utilizes foreign agents to maintain his status at the top. Crush is a disgruntled/ass-kicking Hawaiian-American who's fighting against the corrupt system to get his shot at the top.

Edited by olythegreat89
  • Like 3