DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

I think that's a result of Seth's twitter antics particularly with Will Ospreay, his interview on TAFKA Dean Ambrose, dwindling ratings with Rollins on top, showing fear to the Fiend and what happened inside Hell in a Cell.

What a fucking goon. Guy has three good weeks a year ago and now he was “everyones favorite?” I admit, I was captivated by that gauntlet match run he had. I wanted him to prove me wrong and summon some charisma and/or promo ability he’s never displayed anywhere else. But he didn’t. This “woe is me” bullshit coming from a guy who’s been more protected by booking than any wwe employee since peak John Cena is a terrible look and one of the main reasons I can’t stand him. And at least with Cena I understood why he was where he was. I didn’t like it, but I got it. Rollins’ continued presence on top reeks of “I tell these people what they like!!!”

• Like 3

I always bring it up, but him losing the IC Title to Ziggler, did him,  and the belt no favors. He was so hot up to that point. I could understand losing it to someone, but not fucking cold ass Ziggler who ended up exactly the way people expected, and that’s being useless in the grand scheme of things. In fact they should’ve gotten it back on The Miz, which should always be the pattern of that belt. Hot babyface wins the belt, loses it back to Miz, then moves into bigger programs. Regardless, Seth still had the really bad babyface booking, that nobody can overcome when they are in Vince’s spotlight, and he had to talk a lot, which is something he should never do as a face. Maybe a little, but goddamn was gifted the worst voice you can have as a face. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

It's that whiney, nasal mid-West accent, he sounds like Bob Dylan cutting a promo and no one wants to hear that. When Rollins was in the Shield his deficiencies were well hidden, pushed as a singles star (to say nothing of the face of the company), they come shining through every week. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/29/2019 at 1:38 AM, BrianS81177 said:

Is any reboot good?

The Hulu Veronica Mars is quite good, even though I think the way it ended was completely unnecessary. And The Conners has been surprisingly good since ditching the lunatic racist. It's managed to recapture the spirit of the best seasons of the original series.

When I was in junior high school, there was this really irritating kid. He wasn't a huge asshole or anything, just had a way of getting on everyone's nerves.  To compound that, he would constantly ask people why they didn't like him.  It just made things so much more awkward with him.  It also served to make him more unlikable in that now he was annoying and needy.  

That boy's name?  Seth Rollins.

I kid, of course, but my story is true.  And that kid is who I always think of every time I see Rollins whining about how no one likes him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, D.Z said:

WWE third quarter 2019 news and results tomorrow.

It's on going right now with no Vince (since he is at the Saudi show)

So far they are trying to spin the Network relaunch as getting positive reviews (poor poor Mike Johnson) and you know how shit the video game is when they didn't even try to defend it with the statement being "we knew reviews have been mixed"

"turn him/her heel!" is way over-prescribed by fantasy bookers and wrestling discussion nerds as the cure for what ails any babyface struggling with staleness, but honestly, Seth Rollins' propensity for being unable to ignore or let go of a slight, and his naturally petulant tone of voice really do seem like they make him a better natural fit as a heel.

Clapping back at everyone on twitter is just the new way of telling the crowd to shut up so that they double down and boo you even louder, which is just about the oldest trick in the Heel Antagonism Book.  Why not roll with it

• Like 3

Survivor Series has been announced as being tri-banded - RAW vs Smackdown vs. NXT

That is all the announced 

The NEWZ~! sites say there is some talk that instead of 2 Wargames matches on Takeover, one will take place on Survivor Series

The usual "Nothing is finalized" caveat with all of this

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Survivor Series has been announced as being tri-banded - RAW vs Smackdown vs. NXT

The NEWZ~! sites say there is some talk that instead of 2 Wargames matches on Takeover, one will take place on Survivor Series

Brand... Brand split?

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Eh, I largely agree with Seth.  I'm probably in the minority, but the Mox podcast with Jericho annoyed me.  Moxley would go out of his way to say "well, I don't want to bash the company but....." and then he would spend 20 minutes telling embarrassing stories  and generally shitting on the company.  I don't have a problem with bashing Vince - and Mox was very entertaining.  But the whole "I'm going to take the high road here nudge nudge wink wink" routine irritated me.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Natural said:

I think that's a result of Seth's twitter antics particularly with Will Ospreay, his interview on TAFKA Dean Ambrose, dwindling ratings with Rollins on top, showing fear to the Fiend and what happened inside Hell in a Cell.

Seth not understanding wrestling in 2019 is the truest thing he's ever said and it's not for the reason he thinks.

I used to have a roommate who really wanted to be rock star, specifically a lead guitarist. He practiced all the time until he could mimic some pretty complicated songs fairly well, enough to impress people at parties or jam occasionally. But he could not write his own stuff. Not only that, he didn't understand why that made him a bad musician. He didn't understand music as an expression, he thought he could just play the notes and people would care.

That's how Seth Rollins wrestles. He plays the notes. It's no wonder he's on top of WWE right now, he's the epitome of a Superstar(tm) as opposed to a wrestler. And he's such a dork on top of that it makes it hard to sympathize with him too. But good on him for living his dream.

• Like 10

WWE's solution to the live shows was reducing them, so that's their fix to the live events problem.

They mentioned the new Executive Director roles allows some of the load to be taken off Vince. But also allows him to be more targeted on how he deals with the creative process.

1 hour ago, Godfrey said:

Seth not understanding wrestling in 2019 is the truest thing he's ever said and it's not for the reason he thinks.

I used to have a roommate who really wanted to be rock star, specifically a lead guitarist. He practiced all the time until he could mimic some pretty complicated songs fairly well, enough to impress people at parties or jam occasionally. But he could not write his own stuff. Not only that, he didn't understand why that made him a bad musician. He didn't understand music as an expression, he thought he could just play the notes and people would care.

That's how Seth Rollins wrestles. He plays the notes. It's no wonder he's on top of WWE right now, he's the epitome of a Superstar(tm) as opposed to a wrestler. And he's such a dork on top of that it makes it hard to sympathize with him too. But good on him for living his dream.

Because some people just love cover bands.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Why?