DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

Is MJF injured? He hasn't wrestled for AEW since Dynamite episode 1 (in a very short match) and didn't work MLW's Mexico taping.

13 minutes ago, AxB said:

Is MJF injured? He hasn't wrestled for AEW since Dynamite episode 1 (in a very short match) and didn't work MLW's Mexico taping.

He actually worked a tag match against Los Parks down there, but that was all the way back on the fifth of the month.

I'm going to interpret this as smart people realizing the guy doesn't have it and transitioning him out of the ring:

17 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Never got to listen to that when it came out. I'm about an hour into it on Youtube and... well, fuck, what can I say. 

EDIT: Hey, what's a link/links to the best of the Moxley podcasts? 

After you listen to the Jericho/Moxley podcast, go back and watch the Dean Ambrose return doc on wwe network. Adds a whole different layer to what we assumed at the time was kayfabed frustration w his position in the company.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Are you only talking about Natural era Dustin?

otherwise, Dustin wrestled big poppa pump in late era WCW.maybe rick too. 

I think late era WCW may be the only window. Did they run Rhodes/Windham vs The Steiners in Fall 92 before Rick and Scott left?

I think that's a result of Seth's twitter antics particularly with Will Ospreay, his interview on TAFKA Dean Ambrose, dwindling ratings with Rollins on top, showing fear to the Fiend and what happened inside Hell in a Cell.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I think that's a result of Seth's twitter antics particularly with Will Ospreay, his interview on TAFKA Dean Ambrose, dwindling ratings with Rollins on top, showing fear to the Fiend and what happened inside Hell in a Cell.

The booking isn't Seth's fault and it's unfortunate he's booked to look a pussy, but he really shot himself in the foot with the Twitter and Moxley stuff. Becky, HHH, anybody close to him should have told him to shut the fuck up because you're turning fans against you.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Nah, fans turned on Seth earlier than that. Lackluster booking doesn't help, but I really think fans have just started to gradually realize Rollins isn't particularly cool or anything. Bad booking, the twitter embarrassments, and the comments on Moxley just made it worse.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2019 at 12:38 PM, SorceressKnight said:

In the late '90s, you could have a VHS, but you had to have the TV on the right channel in order to tape the show you didn't watch...and if you were watching TV already, you couldn't tape a separate channel while watching TV or you'd merely tape what you're watching.

EDIT for @Edwin: Exactly- just like TNT does with AEW now at 10:00 pm. 

HUH

I taped many things while watching another channel. And never needed the tv on the right channel to tape something. Only time either of what you said was true is if you had a digital cable box. And at least in my area those didn't show up until 2000.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, just drew said:

After you listen to the Jericho/Moxley podcast, go back and watch the Dean Ambrose return doc on wwe network. Adds a whole different layer to what we assumed at the time was kayfabed frustration w his position in the company.

I don't have the Network so I'll take your word for it. The podcast says enough as is. What do they say though?

3 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

After that Teddy Long shoot, I could totally see him at a Klan rally, and then giving it away by ripping off his robe to strip down to his boxers and drop an elbow on the blood drop cross.

Okay you HAVE to elaborate on this one. This has got to be good.

Edited by Curt McGirt

9 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Didn't it depend on your VCR, if it enabled you to tune to a specific channel to be recorded? I think I'm remembering that right. 

The only time I saw a vcr that couldnt tape one channel while you watched another on your tv was the tv/vcr combo units.  Every vcr I had owned,got our first one in 1978,allowed ya to record one channel while watching another.