DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

4 hours ago, Matt D said:

It's ok. They make decent use of the extended Muppet characters. It feels like they do the same three episodes (Piggy is a selfish brat, Kermit doesn't want to admit a shortcoming, Animal is out of control) over and over though. The songs are so unmemorable that now I'm wondering if there are songs. There are worse shows for your toddler to be into. 

Have they done another episode yet where Gonzo loses Camilla and just wails CAMILLLLLLAAAAAAA for like the whole thirty minutes?

Also, does he still sexually harass Miss Piggy every two minutes before Piggy retaliates with physical violence?

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I’ll spoiler the Fury quotes...

Hide contents

• There are these girls who want to open their legs to every Tom, Dick and Harry. But they are looked upon as rubbish in our community. We don’t do stuff like that. If I had a sister who did that … I’d hang her. She would bring disgrace on the family. It is a very, very bad thing to do. We don’t do that. Women have to be pure and respectful.”
  • I believe a woman’s best place is in the kitchen and on her back. That’s my personal belief.”
  • There are only three things that need to be accomplished before the devil comes home: one of them is homosexuality being legal in countries, one of them is abortion and the other one’s paedophilia.”
  • “It’s like you’re a freak of nature if you’re normal. You’re the odd one out — nobody else. What’s normal? I’ll just get myself changed into a woman. That’s normal, isn’t it? Today call myself Tysina or something like that, put a wig on. I don’t think it’s normal. I think they’re freaks of nature. I think it’ll be perfectly normal in the next 10 years to have sexual relationships with your animals at home — you know, your pets, your cats and dogs and all that — so that will be legal.”

What a lovely human being. I'm glad to see that Fury said nothing to change my opinion that he needs his ass kicked early and often.

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Hide contents

• There are these girls who want to open their legs to every Tom, Dick and Harry. But they are looked upon as rubbish in our community. We don’t do stuff like that. If I had a sister who did that … I’d hang her. She would bring disgrace on the family. It is a very, very bad thing to do. We don’t do that. Women have to be pure and respectful.”
  • I believe a woman’s best place is in the kitchen and on her back. That’s my personal belief.”
  • There are only three things that need to be accomplished before the devil comes home: one of them is homosexuality being legal in countries, one of them is abortion and the other one’s paedophilia.”
  • “It’s like you’re a freak of nature if you’re normal. You’re the odd one out — nobody else. What’s normal? I’ll just get myself changed into a woman. That’s normal, isn’t it? Today call myself Tysina or something like that, put a wig on. I don’t think it’s normal. I think they’re freaks of nature. I think it’ll be perfectly normal in the next 10 years to have sexual relationships with your animals at home — you know, your pets, your cats and dogs and all that — so that will be legal.”

5 hours ago, Log said:

My son was asking for "Yellow Wrestling" the other day.  Couldn't figure out what he meant.  Finally realized he was talking about NXT NJPW.

I suck.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Reveal hidden contents

Are they running Fury vs Strawman in Saudia Arabia? 

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Well, the last time we had a real rivalry between companies, Twitter and Facebook didn't exist. I bet 1997 wrestling Twitter would've been every bit as bad or worse.

Hell, when TNA tried going head to head, even that got absurd.

Even beyond the rivalry between companies, it isn;t even just "Twitter and Facebook" didn't exist in 1997...TiVo (and thus, DVRs) didn't exist in 1997 period. You had to choose- Raw or Nitro, knowing you're not going to get to see the other one (unless you had a picture-in-picture TV). 

Now, though, DVRs are commonplace. You don't have to choose AEW or NXT. Just DVR one and watch the other live. It's not some big battle for people. (Heck, it's surprising the DVR-adjusted ratings for AEW/NXT haven't been released and just the immediate numbers get cared about.) 

1 minute ago, SorceressKnight said:

Even beyond the rivalry between companies, it isn;t even just "Twitter and Facebook" didn't exist in 1997...TiVo (and thus, DVRs) didn't exist in 1997 period. You had to choose- Raw or Nitro, knowing you're not going to get to see the other one (unless you had a picture-in-picture TV). 

Now, though, DVRs are commonplace. You don't have to choose AEW or NXT. Just DVR one and watch the other live. It's not some big battle for people. (Heck, it's surprising the DVR-adjusted ratings for AEW/NXT haven't been released and just the immediate numbers get cared about.) 

Guys, it was just announced that NXT will have a recap of Finn’s turn starting at 7 just before NXT. The “Ratingz War” is real. You can’t escape the crossfire.

3 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Guys, it was just announced that NXT will have a recap of Finn’s turn starting at 7 just before NXT. The “Ratingz War” is real. You can’t escape the crossfire.

Well, that changes everything! I have to watch NXT live now on TV and...

...watch AEW on my second TV in my living room. Or on my tablet. Or my smartphone. Or my laptop. Or DVR it. Or hell, just wait until the 10:00 replay. 

Edited by SorceressKnight

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:
  Hide contents

I believe a woman’s best place is in the kitchen and on her back. That’s my personal belief.”

Dude's way into fucking in the kitchen.  Don't kink shame.

Arn Anderson agrees with Fury.

12 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

If you DVR it, you just FF through the commercial, so they are irrelevant for the TV channels. To the other point: I would assume most people had a VHS in the late 90ies so you could just tape the show you did not watch like with DVR.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

TNT aired a Nitro repeat at 11:00 PM (12:00 AM?).

We'd watch the first hour of Nitro, switch over to RAW as it started an hour later, then tape the Nitro repeat.

6 minutes ago, Robert s said:

If you DVR it, you just FF through the commercial, so they are irrelevant for the TV channels. To the other point: I would assume most people had a VHS in the late 90ies so you could just tape the show you did not watch like with DVR.

In the late '90s, you could have a VHS, but you had to have the TV on the right channel in order to tape the show you didn't watch...and if you were watching TV already, you couldn't tape a separate channel while watching TV or you'd merely tape what you're watching.

EDIT for @Edwin: Exactly- just like TNT does with AEW now at 10:00 pm. 

Edited by SorceressKnight

5 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

In the late '90s, you could have a VHS, but you had to have the TV on the right channel in order to tape the show you didn't watch...and if you were watching TV already, you couldn't tape a separate channel while watching TV or you'd merely tape what you're watching.

Hmm... okay, this was only the case over here (Austria) for satellites channels (i.e. the satellite receiver box had to be set to the correct channel), but not for terrestrial or cable television. I.e. you could watch one channel on terrestrial or cable television while taping any other channel (of course, you only had cable or satellite TV, but not both).

Edited by Robert s

25 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Today is TUESDAY.   So yes no more Smackdown but it's been replaced by two hours of AEW Dark and NWA Powerrr.   UPGRADE. 

Also OVW is apparently gonna stream their show out on Tuesday’s now.

And due to certain differences between America and Mexico in regards to DST, tonight’s CMLL is at 8:30 Central/9:30 Eastern. Last night Puebla was solidly in the 10pm-midnight slot in my timezone

57 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yes. 

What's worse about all this is that he hides behind depression and mental illness to try and get away with saying shit like this. For all the years I've struggled with depression, it sure hasn't made me a homophobic, transphobic, sexist piece of human garbage. 

Same here

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yes. 

What's worse about all this is that he hides behind depression and mental illness to try and get away with saying shit like this. For all the years I've struggled with depression, it sure hasn't made me a homophobic, transphobic, sexist piece of human garbage. 

Same here. I want to like this multiple times.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 6