DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

31 minutes ago, Loki said:

I like that WWE staffers have to refer to HHH and RD by their gimmick names. 

No matter how corporate they are, you won't find any "Mr. Levesque" or "Mr. James" here! Every day is casual Friday at Titan Towers. Casual names, casual dress, casual racism...

EDIT: Shit, I always though Road Dogg's last name was Armstrong

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

On Bret, I loved how he his chest first Irish whip corner bump.

That was great.

Bret had definitive versions of the vertical suplex, side back breaker, that bump and the piledriver.  While I think you could say some people do those moves as well as Bret, doing them better seems unlikely.

• Like 3

I figuring most of the roster is trying to ignore it as to not get swept up in it. But we have finally reached the "others tweet about it but do so vaguely so they can totally claim they weren't talking about it" stage

EDIT - Forgot to say that that was just the first one to pop up in the DVDVR feed. There could be others.

7 minutes ago, Goodear said:

Bret had definitive versions of the vertical suplex, side back breaker, that bump and the piledriver.  While I think you could say some people do those moves as well as Bret, doing them better seems unlikely.

I always felt Sasha was doing a Bret Hart vertical 

tenor.gif?itemid=11266631

tenor.gif

The style is similar but comparing Sasha's to Bret's you can see how hers doesn't have the same elevation and (in the Alexa example) they don't both hit the canvas at the exact same time.  Alexa's shoulders hit first and then everything else follows down the line.  Bret and Hunter both hit the canvas at the same time and more importantly at the same 90 degree angle, which maximizes the sound and the safety of the throw.  This is totally understandable since obviously Sasha isn't as strong as Bret and Alexa isn't the world's most proficient bumper but hey, its picking nits.  Sasha's example two is closer in form but again, doesn't have the same amount of lift involved.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I figuring most of the roster is trying to ignore it as to not get swept up in it. But we have finally reached the "others tweet about it but do so vaguely so they can totally claim they weren't talking about it" stage

EDIT - Forgot to say that that was just the first one to pop up in the DVDVR feed. There could be others.

To your point

• Haha 3

The shirt design is offensive. ACH has every right to be upset and I’d imagine it had to more frustrating that everyone he voiced his displeasure with the shirt seemed to be like what’s the big deal instead of oh fuck when you put it like that yeah that’s fucked in our bad. If they did show ACH the design on a white shirt then put the black shirt on the site then that just seems deceptive as fuck and I don’t put it past the WWE. But why go after Jay Lethal seemingly unprovoked?

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

On the subject of wrestlers tweeting vague digs, anyone with a Cena-to-English dictionary want to explain what's going on here?

If you post something, be prepared for a response that isn't what you were fishing for?