DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

29 minutes ago, Phil4126 said:

A large part of the problem is that across the board there are too many old white dudes in charge not only of the wwe, but wrestling as a whole. Before AEW became a thing, I honestly can’t remember hearing about a person in power in American wrestling who wasn’t either a middle aged white guy or married to one. We are long overdue for a different kind of voice running the show or at least contributing on a high level 

You might have to go back to Lia Miavia. The only other possibility is Dixie, whose husband I thought was Hispanic but could be wrong on that one. (Its late and I am full of NyQuil)

4 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

and congrats to Sean Lennon on his Mexico working name of "El Hijo de John Lennon"

There really should be an Hijo Del John Lennon with a mask that looks like John Lennon’s face, and complete with wig like Psychosis. Then to top it off a Giant Gonzalez-esq bodysuit.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, The Outsider said:

I like how the statement starts off saying that he approved "this t-shirt for sale" as if to imply he saw the design and was ok with it which sounds like bullshit. This is one of those situations, where they would be best served by owning the fuck up.

Right. So he approved the sale, but then wanted the shirt redesigned? What? Like you said, just have some accountability as a company for once.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Right. So he approved the sale, but then wanted the shirt redesigned? What? Like you said, just have some accountability as a company for once.

Even worse, their statement implies he was consulted on the design, which besides doubting it for obvious reasons, is unlikely or else they would have come right out and said it. Instead they pulled the “he approved it and we consult with talent on designs,” which seems unlikely as both PAC and Becky have said the opposite. I also doubt Kona Reeves consulted on his plain ass shirt. “Yeah, I like how you have just my name on the shirt, but hear me out: what if you put two lines under my name, with the top line being just a little longer than the other. Now that’s the finest!”

• Haha 3

Jordan Myles t-shirt controversy, fans calling out GCW for their upcoming "For the Culture" WM weekend show and still booking SHLAK for other shows, etc. and it's only Monday.

Pro-wrestling can be the absolute worst.

And before anyone says it, only a couple of days left...

I've defended the company on occasion, much to my own detriment. But you can't get much more blatant than that. I don't know what's more infuriating, the shirt or WWE's apathetic response. 

Onto Bret's suplex, I once attended a seminar with Bret and commented on how aesthetically pleasing his suplex looked, and that it looked genuinely damaging to his opponent. He told us he would slap the mat as hard as he could on impact to create an extra ''snap''. It's the minor details. Bret was the king at that.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Even worse, their statement implies he was consulted on the design, which besides doubting it for obvious reasons, is unlikely or else they would have come right out and said it. Instead they pulled the “he approved it and we consult with talent on designs,” which seems unlikely as both PAC and Becky have said the opposite. I also doubt Kona Reeves consulted on his plain ass shirt. “Yeah, I like how you have just my name on the shirt, but hear me out: what if you put two lines under my name, with the top line being just a little longer than the other. Now that’s the finest!”

He admitted to approving the design. He said he was uncomfortable with the design and tried to make counter offers only to be lied to about HHH being the one to push for it. Basically he didn't tell them his issues with it until after the decision was made, including his approval being given.

Considering the scorched earth he is going for he clearly is trying his hardest to be fired.

Edited by Eivion

11 hours ago, Casey said:

Pretty sure Tony Khan is half-white.

In America, this means you're 100% whatever the other half is to most people.

That Myles shirt is racist af obviously, but who do we expect accountability from again? The guy who dropped the N-bomb on live tv? Or the guy who launched his career by doing a blackface skit with a bunch of his white friends?

• Like 4

Jay Lethal is trending on Twitter. Not even sure what to make of it at this point.

It's gone from this is wrong, I had no idea about it and screw everyone to saying he knew and gave the green light on a white tee, to they forced me, to screw everyone and take a jab at Jay Lethal calling him something he shouldn't have, to screw everyone, to I hate Hulk Hogan and back.

Folks sympathized with him, then began to think it's a work and now they are treating as a meme.

Ugly situation.

12 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Did Bret have the nicest regular-ass standing suplex? Just beautiful and I love how he jumps back with it. 

I also liked how Bret Hart lets out a grunt of exertion in his suplexes. Bret Hart executed so many moves better than others. Sharpshooter, Piledriver, Russian Leg Sweep, Bulldog and Top Rope Superplex. I always think of Bret's as the example I give of how to do the maneuver especially the Sharpshooter.

• Like 2