DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

Let’s be honest. Why does this shirt exist? Who’s going to buy this? Why did they flood the market with some of the worst shirts ever conceived for NXT? I’ve seen better 1st issue shirts for AEW through Pro Wrestling Tees, than from a multi-billion dollar company like the WWE. ...And now this thing came from this horrible batch.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

The thing I don't get is, large companies have a lot of layers of management, and everything they do passes before multiple set of eyes before it's released to the public*. And yet not one person who looked at that design noticed how racist it was? Not only that, how does it get released without Jordan Myles himself actually seeing it first? Yeah, it's a hierarchy and he's the low man on the ladder, but if you're going to sell something with his name on it, you'd think he would have a tiny bit of input there. Merch royalties are income, right? If the fans love you but they don't buy your merch because it looks like shit, that's money you're not making. How high handed is it to just put stuff out without clearing it with the boys (or girls) first?

* It's not like ECW where Taz designed everyone's shirts, and Sabu could never decide if the spelling and grammar mistakes on his were intentional sabotage to hurt his sales, or just Taz being a bit dim.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AxB said:

The thing I don't get is, large companies have a lot of layers of management, and everything they do passes before multiple set of eyes before it's released to the public*. And yet not one person who looked at that design noticed how racist it was? Not only that, how does it get released without Jordan Myles himself actually seeing it first? Yeah, it's a hierarchy and he's the low man on the ladder, but if you're going to sell something with his name on it, you'd think he would have a tiny bit of input there. Merch royalties are income, right? If the fans love you but they don't buy your merch because it looks like shit, that's money you're not making. How high handed is it to just put stuff out without clearing it with the boys (or girls) first?

* It's not like ECW where Taz designed everyone's shirts, and Sabu could never decide if the spelling and grammar mistakes on his were intentional sabotage to hurt his sales, or just Taz being a bit dim.

Well, you see, the company is deeply racist, so they likely did this on purpose because they thought a) it was funny and b) with this dude apparently being a low man on the pole, they might get away with it because he'd want to protect his job. 

I wonder what it's like working in HR within this company. Is that possibly a bottom-five job in corporate America?

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

Respect, equality.  

And what does that entail to him specifically? The design was changed quickly, and he seemingly said nothing until a month later from what I've gathered. Has he talked to HHH or Vince since then? Did they not issue an apology? What is it that has set him off a month later? Is there any way they can realistically settle this with him?

5 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Ah, I see Eivion is just asking questions. Whew, it's good that we have you working so hard to get to the bottom of this. 

So I should just agree with Myles blindly because I'm black and woke?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

So I should just agree with Myles blindly because I'm black and woke?

Did I say that? Oops, doesn't look like I did.

Keep asking those important questions to get to the bottom of this, though! We really need to examine why Myles is making this statement right now because that's the really important thing to focus on here. The guy making the complaint about the t-shirt needs questioning! The guys who made the t-shirt, eh, not as important. 

1 minute ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Did I say that? Oops, doesn't look like I did.

Keep asking those important questions to get to the bottom of this, though! We really need to examine why Myles is making this statement right now because that's the really important thing to focus on here. The guy making the complaint about the t-shirt needs questioning! The guys who made the t-shirt, eh, not as important. 

Either be straight with me when you have an issue with a comment or ignore my post instead of acting like a sarcastic ass. 

Also just like you claim that wasn't what you said, I never said I had no issues with the company. The difference is while I think its an issue the shirt was ever made I also think there is a bit of an issue with Myles bringing the issue up well after the fact. It feels manipulative, especially when he is vague as fuck about what they can do to actually resolve the issue with him.