DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

So I was watching this YouTube video where CM Punk was fact-checking his Wikipedia page. And they got onto the various iterations of what CM stood for. He said the one everyone misses is Charlie Murphy.

There used to be quite a regular poster called Charlie Murphy (DVDVR) round here, didn't there? Many years ago?

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

How many minor league places would even have exclusive contracts?

Off the top of my head I would say ROH, MLW(Though I’ve heard those contracts aren’t all that strong), Impact, AAA, and CMLL. It’s really not all that much, but it would be an interesting way to pickup talent, while also insuring a lesser company can get something back for it. 

6 hours ago, AxB said:

So I was watching this YouTube video where CM Punk was fact-checking his Wikipedia page. And they got onto the various iterations of what CM stood for. He said the one everyone misses is Charlie Murphy.

There used to be quite a regular poster called Charlie Murphy (DVDVR) round here, didn't there? Many years ago?

I think you're right.

Just to follow up from a few days ago regarding Randy Orton's Instagram post.

Here is Meltzer's recap in the new WON for what it is worth.

Orton got a lot of talk this past week with a tease on Twitter. He could just be having fun, but Orton’s ten-year WWE deal expires in 2020 and he’s in a great position to play both sides against each other, and that’s the smart thing to do. In the end, for someone like Orton, who is believed to be making in the $3 million per year range, and doesn’t work a full house show schedule, WWE is probably the better place. At 39, he may be able to get an even lesser schedule. Whether he’s the right mix for AEW is a question but next year you’d think they’d be looking for a big pick up and Orton would fit that bill, there’s the question if they want to spend at that level for a new guy. There is a photo that shows Orton looking at a sign that says “Elite level” and had a caption that reads “tick tock tick tock.” He tagged Riddick Moss, Dawson, Wilder, Cody and Jericho. I’m not sure of the significance of Moss, who is a former college football player who is in NXT and is one of many there with potential kind of caught in the numbers game. The Revival, who Orton had teamed with on Smackdown until they were just separated, definitely had interest in AEW when their WWE deals expire since there’s a natural already made program with The Young Bucks. Harper had already asked for his release, like the Revival had, in his case presumably also to join AEW, and was turned down. Orton and Cody have a relationship as part of the old Legacy faction and Orton had inquired about AEW from the time of its launch, as a large number of WWE stars did. But of all the WWE stars who did, Orton was considered the biggest name. Orton once tweeted to Will Ospreay about wanting to face him and used the date June 2020, so the belief is that would be around the period when his deal expires. No matter what Orton wants to do, the smart thing is to, especially right now given his age, to use both sides to get the best offer, which at this stage is not just money, but schedule and perhaps putting a cap on professional legacy. Let’s face it, even though Jericho got the big deal to go and the favorable schedule, there was also the fun and professional legacy aspect of getting to be more of a level of superstar at this stage than he could have been in WWE

• Thanks 1

Imagine if we were to point out who we thought were "trash human beings" in wrestling based on what we've heard from shoots and such...

We'd be going down a similar road to the past WWE KSA threads every single time and every thread would get locked within minutes.

* Thanks to @Dolfan in NYC for putting the kibosh on that.

Edited by Edwin

2 hours ago, Edwin said:

Imagine if we were to point out who we thought were "trash human beings" in wrestling based on what we've heard from shoots and such...

We'd be going down a similar road to the past WWE KSA threads every single time and every thread would get locked within minutes.

Lesson learned:  If I can't articulate something in a semi-reasonable way then it's just not worth posting.  Sorry about that, should have known better.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

It would pretty much be the sleaze thread.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Those XFL contracts apparently are not “Money”...

God damn, that salary.  That's slightly lower than what I made in my first job in my current career, working a helpdesk, 20 years ago.  And I didn't even have to worry about competing coworkers chop blocking me.  Not too much, at least.

Luchablog posted this, and I actually side with Konnan’s concern. Them wrestling a straight American style match without xenophobic themes to it that they’ve done when other foreigners have come in must have had them sweating. But they pulled it off.

On his podcast, Konnan explained why Lady Shani showed up mid-way during the Fenix/Omega match. He was concerned about the crowd not being into the match, especially because they were following Taurus/Vikingo, the crowd was quiet, and he thought Shani would help them get a reaction. Then they got a reaction themselves

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

23 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

God damn, that salary.  That's slightly lower than what I made in my first job in my current career, working a helpdesk, 20 years ago.  And I didn't even have to worry about competing coworkers chop blocking me.  Not too much, at least.

I'd be that person chop blocking you at your current job. Watch out, I'm sure there's at least one.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Luchablog posted this, and I actually side with Konnan’s concern. Them wrestling a straight American style match without xenophobic themes to it that they’ve done when other foreigners have come in must have had them sweating. But they pulled it off.

Just put Kenny in a mask and claim he's Mexican and it would totally work! .....

12 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I would subscribe to Impact+ if they put the PPVs up there.  How long after a PPV airs do they put it up? 

Appears to be about 3 months/whenever the next ppv happens. I was leery of that too but they also have some indy shows and exclusive specials. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

As much as I'd like to rag on Seth Rollins, he's right. A coyote killed a skunk on my grandparents' property when we were staying there one weekend and you could smell it days later even after the body was found and disposed of. 

Sort of like a Seth Rollins promo.

I don't feel good about that. Too easy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I love the way some people talk about cancelling their Network subscription like they just escaped Shawshank. 

xyypZyab59HEA8GqCs19-iorz08=.gif

• Like 2