DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

7 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I haven't finished the latest season, but I presume Liberty Belle is still a face. Basically how they should do Lacey's face turn: Ignore all of the things people might like about her, and just do the same tacky character but with more flag waving. 

She's a face in the context of the '80s, but from the perspective of the modern viewer, she's a total heel and GO WELFARE QUEEN GOOOOOOOO. 

(And no, rooting for the heel in this case is not typical DVDVR contrarianism.)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

She really seems to have the knack for being a big old dick down pat. She comes on TV and I immediately start doing something else. Is she still boring and botchy and not real well-timed in the ring, or has she gotten better?

She has been generally decent-solid for the last two months or so.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I haven't finished the latest season, but I presume Liberty Belle is still a face. Basically how they should do Lacey's face turn: Ignore all of the things people might like about her, and just do the same tacky character but with more flag waving. 

a popular war might be required to make that a workable face gimmick. Or something like USA 2001-2003. Of course, Lacey Evans being a Marine (no such thing as a former Marine) would also be something to dial up if she's a face.

7 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Did you think he was talking about the car?

Honestly, I wasn't sure. That's why I clicked on the user name to find out.

5 hours ago, BurningBeard said:

Lacey Evans is money no matter which way you look at it. I can't fault her in-ring work when she's only been going for three years NXT proper.

She's the exact opposite of "money."

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Craig H said:

She's the exact opposite of "money."

Poverty. Yep. Checks out.

And I can't tell you all how freeing it's been not to watch WWE programming. I check out what I want on youtube, watch my "New Generation" shit on the network, but I'm done watching mouth breathing dummies like Seth Rollins wreck an entire show with his general shittiness. 

• Like 4

Too Bad, such forced overuse of the word “opportunity” would have made him a perfect fit for Vince’s league. Shame we won’t get to see him perform in the Title Opportunity Bowl at the end of the season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I mentioned in one of the AEW threads that I wondered if Kong signed to be a coach for insurance (while wondering if she was now in SAG from making glow). 

then I saw a blurb online about some pod interview she did comparing insurance between AEW and WWE. 

I posted a while back about being burnt out on wrestling. I watched NWA Powerrr and subscribed to Impact Plus. I actually enjoy wrestling again, amazing. Haven't been able to get into AEW. Ordered PWG's BOLA 2019 and have been doing awful at avoiding spoilers but I don't recognize a lot of the names so looking forward to that. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, just drew said:

Poverty. Yep. Checks out.

And I can't tell you all how freeing it's been not to watch WWE programming. I check out what I want on youtube, watch my "New Generation" shit on the network, but I'm done watching mouth breathing dummies like Seth Rollins wreck an entire show with his general shittiness. 

It's like a black cloud above your head being lifted.

• Like 5