DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

16 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

Here's a micro-chasm of what is wrong with WWE.

Microcosm

11 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

The women's No division will never have consistently as long as Vince has any creative input at all. 

I'm just on a correcting streak today, don't mind me

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

"He doesn't understand that people think it's the coolest gear they've ever seen". What a fucking tool.

His lack of self-awareness drives all the other reasons he's not a top guy and why fans are staying away in droves...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

"He doesn't understand that people think it's the coolest gear they've ever seen". What a fucking tool.

If there's a debate of whether Seth Rollins is cool or not, the fact that he thinks "cool gear" equals "something that makes him look like the lead singer in a Bee Gees cover band" is cool should seal the answer. 

It also helps the problem of the Shield and their "cool" status in the high school world. Roman would be the quarterback- cool, but some uncool people don't like them. Moxley was the delinquent- cool, but ultimately didn't really WANT to be cool.

Rollins is the kid who wanted to be class president just a LITTLE too much and truly believed it'd be the first step to the White House when he's older...he wanted to be cool so much it ultimately made him uncool.

Edited by SorceressKnight
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Rollins is the kid who wanted to be class president just a LITTLE too much and truly believed it'd be the first step to the White House when he's older...he wanted to be cool so much it ultimately made him uncool.

Oh he’s Reese Witherspoon in Election. That fits pretty well.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, happjack said:

Does Faygo even do ads outside of billboards in the Detroit area? Also can you even get it outside of the Rust Belt?

Until they closed most of their stores I would get Faygo at Fred's DOllar Stores all over in the deep south. Also found Faygo at Dollar Tree fairly often. But never seen ads for it anywhere.

Faygo doesn't need ads just like RC Cola doesn't need ads just like most sodas don't need ads. People are aware of its existence and that's really all that matters.

And for the record, Faygo grape is still nearly the best grape soda out there. Boylan is probably the only one that's better.

I figured out the ending to the Lashley/Rusev/Lana angle. It's going to end like that one ECW angle with Dreamer yelling about how he's so hardcore he'll take them both and Rusev will come out as bi-sexual and they'll be a face trio from then on. Heyman will pretend it is edgy.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I fully endorse any thread critiquing the look/gear of wrestlers.  I'll throw in: David Starr is an excellent wrestler but he looks like Xanta Klaus on a diet.

Screen-Shot-2018-04-15-at-8.06.39-AM.png

Starr used to look like this before he went over to Europe, started losing his hair and realized it didn't matter.

product.jpg

tumblr_o4puexlkDZ1rg89a6o1_1280.jpg

Edited by Ryan

5 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Funny part is he clarifies that he is not the one that’s hurt, and that he is the real, as well as authentic LA Park. But still give La Parka your prayers.

The confusion is actually understandable here- Parka got injured against Rush, who's been attached at the hip with Park for a while now. I saw the story about Parka getting injured against Rush and immediately thought it was Park due to their feud until I saw the clip and realized it was actually Parka, who's considerably smaller than Park. 

(Throw me a "confused" like if that last paragraph has your head spinning a bit.)

6 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Listen... The white gear was cool. It made him look like a Euro trash tennis instructor that is having an affair with a crime bosses wife. Still what a fucking conniving dork. Especially after he talked so much shit about Moxley.

1hp877hc6ba31.jpg

"Another game WWE Universal Championship win for Milos Seth Rollins and the whole WWE Universe!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

So CM Punk may, or may not be doing that FOX show next month. Some reports say that FOX took a pass. Observer quoted Punk in a radio interview saying “They haven’t called him back”. Show officially debuts soon, so if we haven’t heard anything yet to promote at this point, then it’s looking like it won’t happen. 

7 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Vince will step in last minute though and have Lana be the one to tell the world that she can take them both.

Vince will have replaced Lashley by this point.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Plot twist:

Mike Kanellis is the father.

He asked for his release because he didn't want his secret lust for Lana to ruin his marriage with Maria.

Maria's baby is also Mike's child.

Mike Kanellis is revealed to have a 24 inch python and be the secret bastard son of Vince McMahon.

Vince lives vicariously through Mike's on screen conquests.

I read that as "Maria Kanelli is the father" and your post kept getting funnier and funnier from that point on.

• Haha 1