DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Imagine your motivation to being a subscriber is watching some of the worst wrestling booking in history. They may as well take a break and just watch a random Raw from this year.

Nitro had some fantastic matches.

If you had said ECW, then I would've agreed.

2 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Nitro had some fantastic matches.

If you had said ECW, then I would've agreed.

That's why I said "some of the worst wrestling booking in history." Lance isn't just watching this stuff for workrate and there's a long period of time on Nitro, basically the Russo era, where even all of the matches out and out sucked.

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

???

Rollinswyatt1710.jpg

Jesus. Once again...

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Imagine your motivation to being a subscriber is watching some of the worst wrestling booking in history. They may as well take a break and just watch a random Raw from this year.

10 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I gotta say, I get Lance's mindset. Some of that stuff is so bad it becomes interesting. Which is better than WWE today, which is mostly dull. I really hope they can keep the momentum up after Hell in a Cell and just pump out stuff that's preposterously awful. 

I think watching crap live is absolutely horrifying. It’s why I’ve given up watching it anymore on Monday’s. But I’ll be honest. I recently went through a shit ton of Nashville-era TNA, and it’s not good, it’s just very entertaining watching that dumpster fire, and seeing every time they fell apart as a company. It’s probably the same with that era of WCW. Heck I think if I watch 00’s WWE I’d probably get the same level of entertainment just watching to see every obscure talent, and angle I thankfully forgot about.

Watch us in 2029 actually go back, and watch these on our Brainscan to see how fascinatingly horrible the WWE was in 2019.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Heck I think if I watch 00’s WWE I’d probably get the same level of entertainment just watching to see every obscure talent, and angle I thankfully forgot about.

For your entertainment, I present sexy school teacher Michelle McCool and the Teacher's Pets.

Idol+Stevens.jpg 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Actually I take back what I said about watching bad shows. Not everything can be entertaining. Great example is pre-Attitude-Era Raw. It isn’t outright awful, but it is painfully boring. Like today, almost nothing happens, and the WWF in-ring style has the ability to cure insomnia. I mean a match between The Steiners Vs. The Québécers should be a kick-ass slugfest, instead it’s your typical cookie cutter WWF tag team match from that period. Then when the Steiners get back to WCW, the first thing they do is get into an absolutely awesome wreckless match with The Road Warriors.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

It's funny when you think back at just how little good wrestling there was. There was stuff here and there, but I can't imagine what I would have done with all the time I could have had back that I spent on watching Jericho/Steph vs HHH, HHH fucking a corpse, "I did it...for da Rock," all of the utterly forgotten and useless people from the muscular model era under Johnny Ace, and hell, even some shit like Terry Funk as Chainsaw Charlie still bugs me. There's so much more to rattle off, but the quantity of bad vastly, VASTLY outweighs the good, but at least you had Austin being Austin, the Rock being the Rock, Jericho being Jericho, and so on. The quality of good now either doesn't measure up or it's not even there. 

Like, we're at a point where Seth is dying out there every week, it's clear they need to turn his boring ass heel again and just let him keep doing the same shit, but have him programmed against faces, and meanwhile Roman is probably the most consistently over he's ever been, the boos have nearly died out, he's doing cool shit, and...OF COURSE HE'S GOING TO FEUD WITH BARON CORBIN. Nothing like raising your profile by feuding with a complete vacuum of charisma. The funny thing is, I bet if they just let Corbin go out there and be himself instead of an AKTOR reading shit awful lines, he probably would be more interesting. Down is up and all that.

And that doesn't even touch on all of the hot garbage from WCW. I know they probably weren't around for that long, but the Dungeon of Doom felt like they lasted 5 years. For every Flair vs Arn angle, Flair/Elizabeth vs Hogan and/or Macho, and the good nWo stuff, there was just tons of other bullshit to wade through.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Craig H said:

And that doesn't even touch on all of the hot garbage from WCW. I know they probably weren't around for that long, but the Dungeon of Doom felt like they lasted 5 years. For every Flair vs Arn angle, Flair/Elizabeth vs Hogan and/or Macho, and the good nWo stuff, there was just tons of other bullshit to wade through.

At least after the nWo settled in the Dungeon of Doom dropped the bullshit to become a team of ass kickers... And Konnan.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Haha 1

All I remember of the Dungeon of Doom post-nWo was keeping Barbarian and Meng as a tag team and young me foolishly thinking they would win the tag titles in that triple threat against the nWo and Harlem Heat. I thought they would win because Meng was better than everyone.