DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

The BIG JAPAN NEWZ~! being all NXT JAPAN~! and winding up being the exact opposite is greatly pleasing.

The wording on this make me think WWE had purchased Big Japan and were going to turn it into NXT Japan.

15 minutes ago, Swiftian said:

Has Elias publicly hinted at wanting out or has he expressed such thoughts privately and Orton has now dropped him in it a little? That tweet to me doesn't look like Orton actually showing an interest in AEW and more just shit stirring among the boys.

Elias seems like a lost cause. Natural strange charisma, but can’t wrestle worth a shit. He probably is disappointed privately that he isn’t being used. I don’t think he’d be much use to AEW. NWA however I feel he’d make a great addition to that roster.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

4 minutes ago, Edwin said:

The wording on this make me think WWE had purchased Big Japan and were going to turn it into NXT Japan.

Forgot about that part of the rumor; would have chose different wording. But it kinda fits in retrospect.

Sandow and Elias would be a great team for NWA.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Forgot about that part of the rumor; would have chose different wording. But it kinda fits in retrospect.

Sandow and Elias would be a great team for NWA.

That actually would be a great team, I really like this idea. I just watched the 2nd episode of Powerrr last night and man I'm just loving it. NWA and AEW (and maybe to a lesser degree NXT and 205, credit where credit is due) have really reignited my interest in wrestling overall lately. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Imagine your motivation to being a subscriber is watching some of the worst wrestling booking in history. They may as well take a break and just watch a random Raw from this year.

Nitro had some fantastic matches.

If you had said ECW, then I would've agreed.

2 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Nitro had some fantastic matches.

If you had said ECW, then I would've agreed.

That's why I said "some of the worst wrestling booking in history." Lance isn't just watching this stuff for workrate and there's a long period of time on Nitro, basically the Russo era, where even all of the matches out and out sucked.

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

???

Rollinswyatt1710.jpg

Jesus. Once again...

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Imagine your motivation to being a subscriber is watching some of the worst wrestling booking in history. They may as well take a break and just watch a random Raw from this year.

10 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I gotta say, I get Lance's mindset. Some of that stuff is so bad it becomes interesting. Which is better than WWE today, which is mostly dull. I really hope they can keep the momentum up after Hell in a Cell and just pump out stuff that's preposterously awful. 

I think watching crap live is absolutely horrifying. It’s why I’ve given up watching it anymore on Monday’s. But I’ll be honest. I recently went through a shit ton of Nashville-era TNA, and it’s not good, it’s just very entertaining watching that dumpster fire, and seeing every time they fell apart as a company. It’s probably the same with that era of WCW. Heck I think if I watch 00’s WWE I’d probably get the same level of entertainment just watching to see every obscure talent, and angle I thankfully forgot about.

Watch us in 2029 actually go back, and watch these on our Brainscan to see how fascinatingly horrible the WWE was in 2019.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Heck I think if I watch 00’s WWE I’d probably get the same level of entertainment just watching to see every obscure talent, and angle I thankfully forgot about.

For your entertainment, I present sexy school teacher Michelle McCool and the Teacher's Pets.

Idol+Stevens.jpg 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Actually I take back what I said about watching bad shows. Not everything can be entertaining. Great example is pre-Attitude-Era Raw. It isn’t outright awful, but it is painfully boring. Like today, almost nothing happens, and the WWF in-ring style has the ability to cure insomnia. I mean a match between The Steiners Vs. The Québécers should be a kick-ass slugfest, instead it’s your typical cookie cutter WWF tag team match from that period. Then when the Steiners get back to WCW, the first thing they do is get into an absolutely awesome wreckless match with The Road Warriors.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3