DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Also... You know, I wouldn’t mind seeing Riddick Moss develop somewhere else. He’s got too much athletic upside to not succeed. He also looks like a big ass Perro Aguayo Jr.

Has anyone suffered more from the No blood edict of the past decade than Orton?

Not that he's a blood and gore guy by any respect, but that Methodical (TM) style needs a visceral payoff once in a while. Instead you sit through twenty minutes of stomps and chinlocks for a surprise out of nowhere finish every time.

• Like 4

If I were AEW, I would only look to signing him so I can build him up to put over Kenny for the title. Then from there maybe do a feud with Cody, so Cody can get his “revenge”. After that, it’ll depend on if he wants to stick around. 

If I was Orton, I would go(Even if they offered me less than Vince) to maybe get a different work experience, and freshen myself up for fans. Then when I become an important cog in AEW’s machine both them, and Vince will want me for even more.

Stay the hell outta AEW, Orton. 

I'm trying to enjoy a weekly wrestling show that's on a major network for the first time in literal years. Don't fuck this up for me. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Stay the hell outta AEW, Orton. 

I'm trying to enjoy a weekly wrestling show that's on a major network for the first time in literal years. Don't fuck this up for me. 

He ain’t going anywhere near a live mic, and Tully needs a guy. Why not the guy that they used to compare to him? Then you team them up with The Revival. Boom, you got a new faction.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

5 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

He ain’t going anywhere near a live mic, and Tully needs a guy. Why not the guy that they used to compare to him? Then you team them up with The Revival. Boom, you got a new faction.

Because Orton sucks. 

I'm on board with The Revival though. 

9 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

I am going to say with almost 100% confidence that this is Orton positioning himself for more of that sweet, sweet Fox fuck money.

Oh I think we all know that, but I’m hoping for an outcome that comes out of nowhere.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I feel like various times on podcasts I hear AEW related people (Young Bucks and I think Cody on Jericho’s pod a while ago, and Jim Ross recently) really put over Orton as a guy they’d love to work with and implying that WWE isn’t using him enough. It always stood out to me. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that’s probably a covert mission on AEW’s part to sway him publicly (and maybe even privately). Like how the Warriors were able to get Durant through years of high fives and bud texts. 

The Octopus Knows.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Randall has sucked for years now. I'm just waiting for the narrative shift from those who've criticized him for years putting him over now as this great underutilized talent.

1 minute ago, OctopusCinema said:

I feel like various times on podcasts I hear AEW related people (Young Bucks and I think Cody on Jericho’s pod a while ago, and Jim Ross recently) really put over Orton as a guy they’d love to work with and implying that WWE isn’t using him enough. It always stood out to me. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that’s probably a covert mission on AEW’s part to sway him publicly (and maybe even privately). Like how the Warriors were able to get Durant through years of high fives and bud texts. 

The Octopus Knows.....

Beautiful. ?

22 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Orton may not be a moves guy, but he’s got great psychology.

He needs to drop the WWE rest hold shit. Take a page from Cody’s book. If you want to get heat, and stall for time, then dip to the outside to jaw jack with fans. All the wrestling reviewers who used to give wrestlers shit about “Taking a powder” are almost long gone now.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

From what I've seen/heard of Orton out of the ring I would be fine if I never saw him again. Him in AEW would not work for me and would just be a bad move.  Plus I'm sure he'd need lots of cash to bring him over and I just don't see him as being worth it.

• Like 1

Has Elias publicly hinted at wanting out or has he expressed such thoughts privately and Orton has now dropped him in it a little? That tweet to me doesn't look like Orton actually showing an interest in AEW and more just shit stirring among the boys.