DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

My guess for the cities:

Los Angeles, SF Area, Las Vegas, Portland, Seattle (with the possibility of Honolulu instead of Portland)

Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, El Paso

Orlando, Tampa, Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville, DC area

NYC, Philly, Pittsburgh, Boston

Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Milwaukee.

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Can you imagine how better it would be if we lived in a world where all of the modern guys who idolize HBK idolized Bret Hart instead? I can and it hurts.

Springboard inverted atomic drop! Double team inverted atomic drop! Inverted atomic drops for everybody! Inverted atomic drop party!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

The big question- is NJPWUSA a Theoretical #2 Fed or are they just trying to make a Buck?

Between AEW NXT MLW NWA and NJPWUSA, we've got a real wrestling war going on underneath WWE, which could blow all of those companies up.

Edited by alstein
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Can you imagine how better it would be if we lived in a world where all of the modern guys who idolize HBK idolized Bret Hart instead? I can and it hurts.

QFT. 

My WWE Mount Rushmore:

Bret Hart: When you're in the #1 and #2 best matches in the history of the company (vs. Austin, WrestleMania 13 and Owen, WrestleMania X), that gets you there. Faultless execution of moves, use of flash pins that could end a match while also a risk to himself. Great face and heel.

Steve Austin: The face of the Attitude Era, WWF at its hottest. Classic rivalries against the Hart Foundation and Mr. McMahon.

The Undertaker: Great gimmick as The Deadman, longevity by changing with the times. The Streak before it ended was impressive but it brought a greater streak, the MOTN at WrestleMania 23-XXIX.

John Cena: Such a giving ace, lasted a while on top. First wrestler to have a year long WWE Championship reign, September 2006-October 2007 since Randy Savage 1988-1989. Cena's didn't seem possible then, still a WWE rarity. Rivalries with Edge, Shawn Michaels and Umaga come to mind.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alstein said:

The big question- is NJPWUSA a Theoretical #2 Fed or are they just trying to make a Buck?

Between AEW NXT MLW NWA and NJPWUSA, we've got a real wrestling war going on underneath WWE, which could blow all of those companies up.

It is not entirely clear to me if it matters that much. To me it feels like it just might be an office in USA that will help them out plan tours/shows in USA so that they can avoid bad shit like those New Beginning shows that were derailed due to visas not coming in time.

Thing about Moss is that he’s a guy that probably would’ve been a priority before the WWE decided to raid the indies. But now with a 200+ roster, they ain’t looking to develop an athletic prospect like him anymore. They’re looking at ready made guys like the Riddle’s, and Keith Lee’s. Moss is just gonna be seen as non essential.

5 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Thing about Moss is that he’s a guy that probably would’ve been a priority before the WWE decided to raid the indies. But now with a 200+ roster, they ain’t looking to develop an athletic prospect like him anymore. They’re looking at ready made guys like the Riddle’s, and Keith Lee’s. Moss is just gonna be seen as non essential.

?

That you @SorceressKnight?

23 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

No, I’m Spunk.

Jesus...

I'm trying to tell you guys what happened at ECW One Night Stand... What happens? I got all you people like Spunk hating on me.

Edited by Edwin

3 hours ago, Archibald said:

It is not entirely clear to me if it matters that much. To me it feels like it just might be an office in USA that will help them out plan tours/shows in USA so that they can avoid bad shit like those New Beginning shows that were derailed due to visas not coming in time.

Or possibly they know they want to continue to run shows in the USA, but they're about to cancel their association with their American ally promotion, and want something in place before that happens.

• Like 1