DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

21 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I'm pretty sure there's an alternate reality where he's president.

They're both Northeastern con-men who feel slighted because the establishment doesn't take them seriously. They're both known for trash TV. They both love steak and ketchup. They're basically the same person, except Vince would probably have a nervous breakdown if he was weak enough to eat a slice of chocolate cake. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I can easily see people from Fox wanting to push the pretty blonde military veteran. 

If she can pretend to be a massive racist, they'll give her a primetime show.

22 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I'm pretty sure there's an alternate reality where he's president.

I'll take it. At least we know Vince would be actually be working.

Edited by mattdangerously
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Remember how they said there were going to be no more "Wild Cards" after the draft was done?

Neither do they.  ? 

Every single person in that match is now on the SDL roster

Or do you actually believe Charlotte is winning

Which BTW - the WWE women bitching that Charlotte is going to win something on social media has become the modern day version of Foley's "cheap pop"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I wonder how much Vince has tied up in the XFL, funding-wise. 

I want the old man bankrupted. 

From SI:

McMahon offloaded 3,204,427 shares in the company at $84.87 each, meaning the sale netted him just under $272 million. The SEC filing says McMahon plans to invest the money in another company, Alpha Entertainment, which he created in 2017 when he began planning the relaunch of the XFL.Mar 28, 2019

Which means he has two years of complete disaster before he burns through that money. To your second point though, he's a billionaire and this is all funny money. 

Basically it’s just one big bet on the roulette wheel using money he saved on the side. But like I said, he’s gonna find it all super uninteresting. Like is he really a fan of pro sports? He seems like a guy that likes athleticism, but not much else.

...And if we gather anything from the past, he knows jackshit about the rules if you remember the RAW Bowl.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I fucking died reading that. Tremendous. 

edit: didn't Dave break it down a while ago and provide how many people DVR Raw/Smackdown and it was way higher than average sports games? I want to say I remember him reporting on that last year sometime when the news of the TV deals was starting to heat up.

Edited by Oyaji

10 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I fucking died reading that. Tremendous. 

edit: didn't Dave break it down a while ago and provide how many people DVR Raw/Smackdown and it was way higher than average sports games? I want to say I remember him reporting on that last year sometime when the news of the TV deals was starting to heat up.

Yeah, he has, but TV networks don’t want to hear that. They want live numbers. I’m surprised Vince hasn’t sold space somewhere on the ring for ads. I get that the ring can be slippery because of that, but maybe try the guardrails, and corner pads. Khan, and AEW have done the apron for the PPV’s. But they haven’t done it on TV.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Yeah, he has, but TV networks don’t want to hear that. They want live numbers. I’m surprised Vince hasn’t sold space somewhere on the ring for ads. I get that the ring can be slippery because of that, but maybe try the guardrails, and corner pads. Khan, and AEW have done the apron for the PPV’s. But they haven’t done it on TV.

Roshfrans can jump directly to the WWE once the CMLL schism occurs.