DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Remember when Sami and Bayley were slotted as can't-miss babyfaces for a generation of friendly millennials? 

Vince/WWE of the last 10 years hasn't met an amazing talent he couldn't completely fuck up yet.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

AHAHAHAHA I’m listening to the Meltzer interview, and Fumi Saito said that Rossy almost sold Stardom to the WWE because they said they were willing to put him in the Hall of Fame. He ultimately went with Bushiroad because, like the WWF buying WCW, they had no fucking plans to do anything with it anytime soon.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Archibald said:

Didn't OWE relocate from China entirely? I vaguely remember reading something about it.

As said above yes, to Cambodia. Somebody reposted on here earlier an unidentified talent's Twitter post complaining about OWE and Cima in particular, saying the talent weren't paid and were put in debt to OWE, that China was entirely a bust, Cima was a racist that hated Occidental wrestlers, etc. It was scathing.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

What's the deal with Sami as a full time manager? Am I ever going to get my Roman vs Sami 1v1?

This really hasn't happened on tv yet? That is surprising. Personally I'm stoked for Roman vs. Shinsuke. I've been wanting that match since the faceoff in the Royal Rumble.

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

This really hasn't happened on tv yet? That is surprising. 

Their only one on one stuff was three matches on a house show loop. But that was last month, so it may be on TV in the near future.

Closest we got on TV was a triple threat match with Balor, which was predictably very good. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yeah, that was 4 years ago.  If you told anyone in 2015 what has happened in the last 4 years, they'd lock you in a cage and throw away the key.  

Funnily enough, I was looking back through some of the older posts in the WWE area, and I scrolled through those NXT big show and multi-month threads from 2015 and 2016 and, wow, that promotion was so hot that it made us believe again. 

The only solace that I have is that I was not alone in thinking that Bayley and Sami were cannot-miss babyfaces. 

And then in this thread maybe a week ago, I saw a picture of Dark Bayley with a new hairdo and dark eyeliner under her face looking all mean, and all I can say is that if she didn't change her look specifically to do the Crow Sting storyline and she's just a typical heel now, uh, FUCK THAT. And I don't even watch anymore, but I actually feel some kinda way about that. 

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Remember when Sami and Bayley were slotted as can't-miss babyfaces for a generation of friendly millennials? 

I remember people saying this and thinking they were insane cause to normal people Sami Zayn and Bayley are just weird dorks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, BEN! said:

I remember people saying this and thinking they were insane cause to normal people Sami Zayn and Bayley are just weird dorks.

aye, there's the rub, though; wrestling fans are weird dorks.

the audience loves to see in the hero a bit of themselves.

Take this for what it is worth - from the new WON that was just posted

“Eric had absolutely no vision, and once we were headed into FOX, everything was falling through the cracks,” said one WWE official. “He messed up multiple times with FOX. Eric also had no stamina for the rigors of the job.”