DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

13 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

He knows WWE won't release a pregnant woman, it's bad business. So I'd wager they planned on living off her salary while he re-established himself elsewhere. But seeing as they've sprung two pregnancies and a rehab stint on Vince, I don't see Mike getting released. His unborn son will be in kindergarten before it's over.

Wasn't Dawn Marie released while she was pregnant?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Loki said:

Well that was quick...

I CALLED IT!!!

Also, since it got brought up so many times with Bischoff... Bischoff’s ability to kiss a TV executives ass isn’t exactly a unique gift. There are a number of shitty underlings who can do that, and they aren’t asking for much to start.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Christ I hope not. I'm guessing they just find something else for Eric to do since they moved his ass out to CT.

You know what? Since they are going to fall back on the same old shit, then they might as well bring back on-air authority figures. 

Just fucking do it already, Vince.

4 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Eric to AEW.

I guess I wouldn't mind seeing him in the Marvez interviewer role, but I'm really struggling to think of much he can offer AEW. They have TV, they have a top heel stable already, they recognize on air authority figures are passe (so far). Maybe from a production point of view there could be something, but I've already been pretty impressed with both TVs so far 

Just now, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I guess I wouldn't mind seeing him in the Marvez interviewer role, but I'm really struggling to think of much he can offer AEW. They have TV, they have a top heel stable already, they recognize on air authority figures are passe (so far). Maybe from a production point of view there could be something, but I've already been pretty impressed with both TVs so far 

The only thing I can see is a board of directors role where he appears from time to time, but honestly any numbnut can do that job in the back. That’s a charisma less character to have.

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

If I relocated my family for this, I'd be beyond pissed.

To be fair, he never sold his home in Wyoming. WWE moved him into a furnished apartment or at least let him pick the furniture for the apartment in Stamford. They didn't have to take a whole lot with them. Hell, he even said he had to get a whole new wardrobe when he got out to CT. IF he was indeed let go, the worst of it will probably be the sting from getting let go. Other than that, there isn't much else tying him to CT.

32 minutes ago, hammerva said:

My question is would anyone have noticed the Bischoff was there to begin with?  I mean with Heyman you can see a difference.  I didn't see much in Smackdown from a booking way.  Unless we find out that Bayley's turn was his idea

According to Meltzer, he spent a lot of time in catering. So maybe the craft services people noticed him.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

To be fair, he never sold his home in Wyoming. WWE moved him into a furnished apartment or at least let him pick the furniture for the apartment in Stamford. They didn't have to take a whole lot with them. Hell, he even said he had to get a whole new wardrobe when he got out to CT. IF he was indeed let go, the worst of it will probably be the sting from getting let go. Other than that, there isn't much else tying him to CT.

Wow. From the amount of talk I heard about his arduous journey, you'd have thought he Greta Thunberged it from the other side of the Atlantic with all his worldly possessions. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

If Cornette’s tales of Southwestern CT are any indicator, people living in Stamford for the WWE never actually buy their residences (also because that area is super fucking expensive). So it’s not like Bischoff has to go back to Wyoming to try and claim a new parcel of land through the Homestead Act.

So Bischoff and Cornette might now be able to bond over their experiences of hating living in Connecticut.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Yeah, isn’t Bischoff a down low hillbilly biker. Him, and his family traveling like a band of gypsies doesn’t seem out of the ordinary. 

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Wow. From the amount of talk I heard about his arduous journey, you'd have thought he Greta Thunberged it from the other side of the Atlantic with all his worldly possessions. 

Him saying that WWE moved him into an apartment on the podcast was the first indication to me that this wouldn't be something long term. Then it basically sounded like he was doing nothing when he was there. The common talking point was that he could take to TV executives, but multiple people could have done that.

Just spitballing, but I'm guessing this is like that last time Vince brought Vince Russo back in and Russo lasted all of 2 weeks or something. They brought in Bischoff to be in charge of SmackDown, he got there and had bad ideas, he then brought in a b-team writer from Sons of Anarchy, neither of them had good ideas, they waited for the show to launch on Fox, and now there's no need to have Eric in that role. I would suggest seeing how Eric fits in doing production work and see how well he could contribute to creating the on air broadcast, but who knows, they may have tried that already as well. Again, this is all speculation, but it may not be far off.