DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

9 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Bennett leaving would kill about half of Heyman's booking ideas.  I mean where is he going to get his cuck obsession from

So would he the most overpaid guy in Ring of Honor not named Matt Taven or the most overpaid guy in AEW not named Jack Swagger

Bennett has no negotiating power whatsoever. If AEW overpays for him, then they should closedown as soon as possible. I could see him either in Impact, or ROH. 

I can’t wait till Shorty Gable starts bitching about his contract even though he probably knew just because they resigned doesn’t mean he would’ve gotten more TV time. He did though... A monkeys paw of tv time sadly.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I never saw anything of his from TNA or ROH but I liked the few matches I saw on 205 Live. He was behind the 8 ball from day one with that stupid gimmick. I wonder if they'll be spiteful and deny his release ala Harper. Not sure how that works contractually with the time he had off (injury vs. going away to clean up) but that's like FMLA shit so I dunno what they can get away with there

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I cant imagine they give him his release

The big reason Luke Harper was dicked over for so long was that he asked for his release publicly

I'm not sure he writes that elongated message if they didn't agree to grant it. That's just my opinion though.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Take this for what it is worth since WrestleVotes is right about as much as it is wrong

It’s not a stretch on their part to guess about a blockbuster trade consider Jay Glazer predicted as much on Smackdown.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

The thing that is weird that he is frustrated with his lack of work in the WWE.  So he didn't have a problem with having his manhood crushed for a good 3 months on RAW?

It really seems like he’s more upset about Lio Rush getting the title push after being sent home than the cuck angle.

I don’t feel sorry for him. It seems like he’s playing this just right. They resign, then announce that Maria’s pregnant, now he’s publicly revealing that he asked for his release, which makes it likely they’ll send him home to sit. There could be worse things in the world.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Take this for what it is worth since WrestleVotes is right about as much as it is wrong

Oh boy... If I had to guess, they’ll do one big trade, and then certain guys who were never going to be seriously used on TV will be drafted to different shows than the ones they were initially scheduled for.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I had hoped Mike requested his release when it was rumored the last time instead of signing the 5 year deal. I know most weren't huge on him but I've said before he was one of my favorites during his Impact run and would love to see him come back, always felt he's been the most underrated/underused guy in WWE the last couple years.

5 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Bennett has no negotiating power whatsoever. If AEW overpays for him, then they should closedown as soon as possible. I could see him either in Impact, or ROH. 

I can’t wait till Shorty Gable starts bitching about his contract even though he probably knew just because they resigned doesn’t mean he would’ve gotten more TV time. He did though... A monkeys paw of tv time sadly.

They didn't seriously change his name to Shorty did they?

Mike Bennett seems like a nice enough guy. He might fit the description of million dollar heart, but a nickel brain. How fucking dumb do you have to be to re-sign for FIVE YEARS and then come to the realization that the company intends on using you like they did before, which is to say not at all and when they do you're going to be humiliated. If the quantity and quality of the work I was putting in were a deciding factor on where I worked then I sure as fuck wouldn't be signing on with the WWE Black Hole for FIVE. YEARS.

He only has himself to blame.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, username said:

So wait... Mike asked for his release but Maria did not? Like no offense to Mike but when they were on the indies she was kinda carrying the act.

He knows WWE won't release a pregnant woman, it's bad business. So I'd wager they planned on living off her salary while he re-established himself elsewhere. But seeing as they've sprung two pregnancies and a rehab stint on Vince, I don't see Mike getting released. His unborn son will be in kindergarten before it's over.

4 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

He knows WWE won't release a pregnant woman, it's bad business. So I'd wager they planned on living off her salary while he re-established himself elsewhere. But seeing as they've sprung two pregnancies and a rehab stint on Vince, I don't see Mike getting released. His unborn son will be in kindergarten before it's over.

That’s actually not the worst idea ever. So I’ll give him a hand on this carny scheme. I still don’t think he’s worth it anymore, unless he goes through a Cody Rhodes, and Drew McIntyre like transformation on the indies. 

Well that was quick...

WWE® NAMES BRUCE PRICHARD EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF SMACKDOWN®   
Stamford, Conn., October 15, 2019 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) today announced that it has named Bruce Prichard the Executive Director of Friday Night SmackDown, reporting directly to WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon.

Prichard will oversee the creative development of Friday Night SmackDown on FOX and ensure integration across all platforms and lines of business, replacing Eric Bischoff.

Prichard brings nearly 40 years of experience in sports entertainment with an extensive background in character development and creative storytelling. Over the course of his career, Prichard has served in a variety of roles including announcer, producer, agent and on-screen personality. Earlier this year, Prichard returned to WWE as a member of the company’s creative team.

Friday Night SmackDown airs at 8 pm ET/PT on FOX.

• Haha 2