DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Once I was hanging around with a sports radio host who was about to move to a drive time slot after the previous show went down in flames after 10 months. So since this was around NCAA tournament time, I suggested the new show do a “one shining moment” segment about the old show. I suspect the WWE won’t do such a sentimental (or fake sentimental) tribute to the wild card rule.

I got really bored while eating lunch so I was comparing the draft pool to the WWE.com roster page. Random thoughts.

Pool doesn't include NXT or "cruiserweights" or NXT UK or long term injured or part timers or announcers or authority figures (they are a lot of exceptions)

Not listed due to Injury

• Jason Jordan
  • Ember Moon
  • Sheamus
  • Matt Hardy
  • Jeff Hardy (was out prior to his 2 DUIs)
  • Ruby Riott
  • Nia Jax
  • Mickie James
  • Lars Sullivan
  • Mike and Maria Kanellis (yes pregnancy isn't injured but close enough)
  • Naomi

Weirdly Jinder Mahal is in the pool and I thought his surgery was going to keep him out longer but who knows. Tamina and Sin Cara were both recently cleared so into the draft they go

People Who Should Be Worried (because they weren't listed)

• Usos (unless one has been put in rehab on the down low)
  • Singh Bros (They were just on RAW but they might be considered "cruiserweights" and thus not in the pool)
  • Colons
  • Ascension

Drew Gulak and Humberto Carrillo are both in the pool so I taking this as they are both now on the main roster

Lana and Zelina Vega aren't listed but I am assuming they are with their currently partners (Bobby Lashley and Andrade). It just strikes me as weird they went out of their way to say Sami Zayn was with Nakamura but didn't mention them.

And lastly - for reasons unknown - Kevin Owens isn't listed on the website under superstars (you have to search for him to find him)

Again I have spent more time on this than they have

Could be they don't wrestle enough beyond their manager duties to qualify as draft picks.

There are rumors Heyman wants Aleister on RAW. Obviously, Zelina would move with him. But she manages Andrade and he dates Charlotte. The only ways to make that work is either move all four to RAW or break up Andrade/Zelina.

FOX supposedly is firm on wanting Roman and Charlotte. So that's another wrinkle to iron out.

• Like 1

As far as the RIP of the Wild Card Rule, we will see about that when USA wonders why the RAW/Universal champion Brock Lesnar is nowhere to be seen.  Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Brock AND Seth are moved to Smackdown

We know Charlotte is going to be on FOX.  There is no way they would switch the title off of Bayley otherwise

By the way, if you are going to do all these celebrities where is Homer or Bart Simpson.  I get we are trying to pretend that this is a legit draft like a legit sport and shit but come on.  

Edited by hammerva

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

They have never had a problem making couples work on separate shows IIRC. We are giving them too much credit. 

They stopped breaking up couples a long time ago.... unless they want the couple broken up (the biggest and most recently example of this was when they put Paige and Alberto Del Rio on opposite brands)

Remember - Andrade got moved RAW and then immediately switched back to SDL in the last shakeup because of his relationship with Charlotte

If anyone will be broken up - it would be the manager aspect

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

As far as the RIP of the Wild Card Rule, we will see about that when USA wonders why the RAW/Universal champion Brock Lesnar is nowhere to be seen.  Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Brock AND Seth are moved to Smackdown

Brock is the WWE Champion thus technically on the SDL Roster already

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

We know Charlotte is going to be on FOX.  There is no way they would switch the title off of Bayley otherwise

Or... it is like all the other times and it was to stat pad Charlotte's title reigns

I mean she didn't even last an entire show the last time she won the title

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Remember - Andrade got moved RAW and then immediately switched back to SDL in the last shakeup because of his relationship with Charlotte

That and Fox supposedly wanted Andrade for Latino audiences.

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Or... it is like all the other times and it was to stat pad Charlotte's title reigns

I mean she didn't even last an entire show the last time she won the title

Preach. It's been almost two years since the beginning of Charlotte's last decent title reign. She's due. 

• Like 1

My life is complete. I think the last time Bob Arum worked with Vince is when Vince Sr. convinced Bob to help Vince Jr. promote Evel Knievel's Snake River jump in 1974. Vince now looks as old as Bob Arum now if not older.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

At first I was going to wait until tonight's SD thread to open.  But considering I'll likely be out somewhere may as well post it now.  Xavier retweeted this and it's the SD open set to the All That theme.  EDIT:  Not sure why it's not displaying like normal but it's still work clicking on anyway.

https://twitter.com/bemybayley/status/1182076964569522176?s=20

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

At first I was going to wait until tonight's SD thread to open.  But considering I'll likely be out somewhere may as well post it now.  Xavier retweeted this and it's the SD open set to the All That theme.  EDIT:  Not sure why it's not displaying like normal but it's still work clicking on anyway.

FTFY.

47 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:
My life is complete. I think the last time Bob Arum worked with Vince is when Vince Sr. convinced Bob to help Vince Jr. promote Evel Knievel's Snake River jump in 1974. Vince now looks as old as Bob Arum now if not older.

i'm guessing there were reasons why we didn't get Evel Knievel showing up as a celebrity at one of the early Wrestlemanias

• Haha 1