DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

Why do Roman Reigns or Seth Rollins care about this match they might not even be on the brand they currently are whether they win or lose?  

This is a fucking joke.  

What is so fucking hard about this?   Have a FOX and USA 'War Room.'    Have a FOX personality go to the podium and select who they really want. If they think Roman is the biggest star then select Roman.  If they think Ricochet has a huge upside then select him,  I don't fucking know but it's not rocket science.  

None of this will make sense and the funny thing is behind the scenes they actually are petitioning for certain talents so why not do this as a shoot? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

None of this will make sense and the funny thing is behind the scenes they actually are petitioning for certain talents so why not do this as a shoot? 

Because they have to find a way to please both networks, and a shoot draft would present too much risk of making one or both networks shoot angry. 

Why do Roman and Seth care? Because they’re prideful competitors who want to test themselves against the best. Do these top babyfaces need more incentive than that? 

9 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Because they have to find a way to please both networks, and a shoot draft would present too much risk of making one or both networks shoot angry. 

No.. I mean the word is that the draft is already set so if that's the case then why not just have the networks select their shoot picks in a shoot format? It would make more sense than "if this guy beats that guy"...  

I see no reason to be so concerned with a glorified coin toss. 

I’m sure he whole thing isn’t shoot picks either. I doubt anyone on either side cares who goes 26th for Raw. Preferences probably don’t go much deeper than some top acts. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

Same reason why only the top guys can do movies and outside appearances, despite third parties specifically requesting them.

You spend months establishing Rollins and Reigns as the top guys, only to potentially get unraveled by some exec from Fox who read Reddit before the show and decided to pick Velveteen Dream at pick 1 or something.

......Ideally though, I'd prefer it turn into a Saudi prince situation where some clueless to wrestling executive type ends up trying to pick Ric Flair, Chris Jericho or Randy Savage.

Executives are dumb but I don't think they are dumb enough to not know Roman and Rollins are the two most heavily pushed guys on the roster so instead of giving us these contrived bullshit scenarios just throw the damn celebrity out there and say "with the number one pick....  Smackdown selects...  ROMAN REIGNS.."   

..and fucking be done with it. 

it probably would be good on-screen motivation to win to have the stip be "the winner's brand gets the first pick, and the winner is removed being drafted"... so a 2-for-1, the show gets to pick first and the winner isn't leaving his show.

Of course that means Reigns wins in some way or form.. but actual motivation instead of having guys be brainless corporate mercs for no real logical reason.

Im certain the Reigns is going to win this match and then get picked #1 for SDL.

Anyone want to try and do a top 10? Raw gets 3 picks for every 2 SDL yeah? They should have just announced that because RAW gets the extra pick, SDL goes first.

#1 - SDL - Roman Reigns
#2 - RAW - Becky Lynch
#3 - SDL - Charlotte Flair
#4 - RAW - Seth Rollins
#5 - RAW - The New Day
#6 - SDL - Brock Lesnar
#7 - RAW - Braun Strowman
#8 - SDL - Matt Riddle
#9 - RAW - Daniel Bryan
#10 - RAW - The Kabuki Warriors

Edited by L_W_P

4 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Im certain the Reigns is going to win this match and then get picked #1 for SDL.

Anyone want to try and do a top 10? Raw gets 3 picks for every 2 SDL yeah? They should have just announced that because RAW gets the extra pick, SDL goes first.

#1 - SDL - Roman Reigns
#2 - RAW - Becky Lynch
#3 - SDL - Charlotte Flair
#4 - RAW - Seth Rollins
#5 - RAW - The New Day
#6 - SDL - Brock Lesnar
#7 - RAW - Braun Strowman
#8 - SDL - Matt Riddle
#9 - RAW - Daniel Bryan
#10 - RAW - The Kabuki Warriors

I think you're exactly right with 1 & 2. Reigns wins, Reigns goes first. Becky goes second.

3,4,5, & 6 are wrong for 100% sure.  You must not have see that only certain people can be drafted on certain days. For some reason Charlotte, Rollins, New Day, & Brock can't be drafted Friday and can only be drafted during Raw on Monday. Why? Because reasons. Unspecified reasons with no logic.

I'm with @Niners Fan in CT, they should legitimately let the networks pick them as a shoot. I totally understand why that would never happen. But can you imagine how much buzz there would be with fans if you legitimately had no idea who could go next? That's what I mean about having no pulse. We all basically know how it's going to go already. Dolph & Roode will get drafted to Smackdown. Oh no the Raw Tag Titles are now on Smackdown. OMG. But wait. The War Raiders win them Monday on Raw so the titles move back to Raw at the last minute. Whew. That was close. Yawn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yep. I didn't even look over the 'draft pools' thing.

Well that makes it even worse haha

#1 - SDL - Reigns
#2 - RAW - Lynch
#3 - SDL - The OC
#4 - RAW - The Fiend
#5 - RAW - Strowman
#6 - SDL - Orton
#7 - RAW - Ricochet
#8 - SDL - Sasha Banks
#9 - RAW - Bliss+Cross
#10 - RAW - Kevin Owens

Edited by L_W_P
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Yep. I didn't even look over the 'draft pools' thing.

Well that makes it even worse haha

I'm not certain Becky is going to stay on RAW.  She was in all the marketing for FOX leading up to the premiere and then they had her out on the first Smackdown in the ring with The Rock.   It seemed to me like FOX was sure expecting Becky to be on their show.  

Of course she is the RAW women's champion so that presents a bit of an issue if she is going to FOX. 

I could see a scenario where Roman wins the match for FOX and then FOX says "the first 'man' we are selecting for our brand is THE MAN Becky Lynch..."  

This shit almost writes itself which is not to say it's good...  quite the opposite.

Somehow someway the top 5 is going to be 

Roman,  Becky,  Charlotte,  Rollins and Brock.   

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm not certain Becky is going to stay on RAW.  She was in all the marketing for FOX leading up to the premiere and then they had her out on the first Smackdown in the ring with The Rock.   It seemed to me like FOX was sure expecting Becky to be on their show.  

Of course she is the RAW women's champion so that presents a bit of an issue if she is going to FOX. 

Unless she goes pick #1 overall (which is certainly possible) then I can't see any possible reason that RAW would pass on her with pick #2.

Reigns wins.
Becky goes #1.
Comes out for a promo.
Gets right in Roman's face.

"This is my yard now..."

Drops the mic and leaves.

Edited by L_W_P

4 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Unless she goes pick #1 overall (which is certainly possible) then I can't see any possible reason that RAW would pass on her with pick #2.

Reigns wins.
Becky goes #1.
Comes out for a promo.
Gets right in Roman's face.

"This is my yard now..."

Drops the mic and leaves.

You know out of the 5 people I named as the likely top 5 I almost see where FOX could end up with 4 of them.  Which makes no sense on any level but Brock and Charlotte fit the "Sports build" shit that FOX wants to do and Becky was all over their programming..    

Seth makes no sense for FOX but they aren't going to split up Becky and Seth so it's a package deal with those two.      Roman might have to carry RAW along with Braun Stroman and maybe 'The Fiend'  and who knows what else. 

• Thanks 1

It should be treated like a real draft as much as possible.

“FOX - Fox are pleased to announce they have traded a 2nd and 12th round Smackdown draft pick to the Jacksonville Jaguars in exchange for Jalen Ramsey.”

Ramsey shows up on SD.

Samoa Joe and Fandango show up on AEW.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

No.. I mean the word is that the draft is already set so if that's the case then why not just have the networks select their shoot picks in a shoot format? It would make more sense than "if this guy beats that guy"...  

Probably because that sounds like five hours of really boring television. The way they're doing it now at least suits a wrestling program.

5 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

But can you imagine how much buzz there would be with fans if you legitimately had no idea who could go next? 

None, really. The only time fans get invested in the draft is when they want to complain about the draft.

They're using a clip of Roman for the FOX Sports Presentation pre-event bumper. He closes the show's new intro. They had him on Thursday Night Football last week for promotion.

I'd be shocked if Roman isn't on SD.

I think FOX wants Becky. But she's the current RAW women's champ. Plus, I think of the two, FOX wants Charlotte more. And moving Becky means moving Rollins, who's the Universal champ and has HIAC stink all over him. That's a logistical nightmare.

I get the feeling WWE is going to figure out a way to work around the now-defunct Wildcard rule so Roman and Becky can be on both shows on occasion. But for now, Becky probably stays on RAW.

• Like 1

I think you are right on the last point just because that has been hinted out over the last few months already (via reporters).

While the rosters would be separate, they will come up with more reasons for the brands to face off with each other.

Mainly so we don't have to hear the lie that Survivor Series is the only time both brands face off.

17 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I was surprised to see he had a job, then remembered it's American football and it's Fox and well go figure.

The Michael Vick thing doesn't bother me at all, because he's done as much as you can possibly do to atone for his crime.  People get to move on with their lives.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, supremebve said:

...he's done as much as you can possibly do to atone for his crime.  People get to move on with their lives.

You do know it's 2019 now, right? Nobody gets to move on with anything any more. Forgive and Forget is as dead as a Dodo.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AxB said:

You do know it's 2019 now, right? Nobody gets to move on with anything any more. Forgive and Forget is as dead as a Dodo.

Not for me it ain't, especially when the person who did the wrong has done what he could to atone for his crimes.

• Like 1