DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

today is the day that I realized that the Funaki "Indeed" thing could be seen as him saying one English equivalent to "So desu ne" (it is, isn't it?/that's right) which you hear constantly in Japanese commentary of wrestling or anything. 

Anyways, there's a reason why the people publicly campaigning for jobs don't usually get hired.

48 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'd rather not have Madusa on my tv trying to manage Kabuki Warriors. They don't really need it. If they were to get someone though I would suggest they try to get Bull Nakano.

Now that's an idea.

16 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Well Arn isn’t even a real Anderson. Just get him to find a women’s wrestler from the indies. Tell her to shave her hair into a skullet, and not use Nair for weeks.

I kinda just want to see him put on makeup and a dress, and stand in the background nonchalantly nodding throughout promos.

• Haha 2

Open Question to the AEW people:

I have really only watched bits and pieces of the promotion.  What would you say makes it different from WWE products other than the talent?  Would you say there is a house style at this point?  Who steps outside of that style?

Thanks!

I'd like to call a DVDVR moratorium on the lame term 'WWE Castoff'.  Why further bury talent whom once wrestled for WWE and were misused by that idiotic creative team?   If an actor shows up in some high profile shitty movie and doesn't save the picture or elevate the garbage role given does that mean they're said movie title's cast off?  

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

If they're smart, they make it a title match with Roman winning. Then let SmackDown draft Roman but as the Universal Champion, he can still go to RAW and keep USA somewhat happy.

That's actually a decent enough idea and Roman has consistently avoided people shitting all over him. Strike while the iron is hot.

11 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I'd like to call a DVDVR moratorium on the lame term 'WWE Castoff'.  Why further bury talent whom once wrestled for WWE and were misused by that idiotic creative team?   If an actor shows up in some high profile ****ty movie and doesn't save the picture or elevate the garbage role given does that mean they're said movie title's cast off?  

Alternatively, can we give @HarryArchieGus the custom title 'WWE Castoff'?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

That's actually a decent enough idea and Roman has consistently avoided people shitting all over him. Strike while the iron is hot.

Really wouldn't they be striking when the iron (Rollins) is ice cold?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Matt D said:

If there are no authority figures, who is kayfabe making the picks? The networks?

They could go back to the "picking the names out of a hopper" system

The list of celebrities involved is wonderfully random...

Spoiler
  • Alex Rodriguez -- FOX MLB analyst
  • Michael Che & Colin Jost of "Saturday Night Live"
  • Christian Slater of "Mr. Robot"
  • Joe Buck & Troy Aikman -- NFL on FOX commentators
  • Jim Cramer of "Mad Money"
  • Kevin Burkhardt & Frank Thomas -- FOX MLB analysts
  • Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long, Jimmy Johnson & Tony Gonzalez -- FOX NFL Sunday
  • Ronde Barber, Charles Davis, Chris Spielman & Daryl Johnston -- FOX NFL analysts
  • Charissa Thompson, Michael Vick & Peter Schrager -- FOX NFL Kickoff
  • Rob Stone, Brady Quinn, Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart & Urban Meyer -- Big Noon Kickoff
  • Joel Klatt -- FOX College Football analyst
  • Dule Hill of USA’s “Psych” and “Suits”
  • James Roday of “Psych”
  • Marcus Lemonis of “The Profit”
  • Margaret Josephs & Melissa Gorga of “Real Housewives of New Jersey”
  • Rodney Harrison & Chris Simms -- Football Night in America
  • Rebecca Lowe, Robbie Mustoe & Kyle Martino -- Premier League Live

• Haha 1

Do I suck at math, or shouldn't Raw have 45 picks?

Anyway, forget Joe Buck. I hope the Fiend gets Jim Cramer. 

I also like that while they're finally pretending there are rules for one of these things, they threw in the "tag teams count as one pick, unless they don't" bit at the end so we still have some element of arbitrary nonsense.  

Be interesting to see which celebrity gives us our Bobby Lindsay moment. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy