DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

11 hours ago, Happ Hazzard said:

This band "Crossfyre" have done a cover of "Badstreet USA" complete with a remake of the original music video. It is a legitimately great song.

Good video, but the tune's been covered by a true rock'n'wrestling connection:

Big shout out to thee mighty Cocknoose who do a steaming version as well.

- RAF

• Like 3

"WWE® NAMES JAMES ROSENSTOCK EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, INTERNATIONAL

STAMFORD, Conn. – October 7, 2019 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) today announced the appointment of James Rosenstock as Executive Vice President, International. Rosenstock will be responsible for the management of all international operations and will oversee the company's eight regional General Managers. He will report directly to WWE Co-President Michelle Wilson and serve as a key member of WWE's senior leadership team.

As head of International, Rosenstock will be charged with growing WWE's brand and business outside of the U.S., including partnering with senior executives across the company's live events, digital, consumer products and WWE Network divisions to support corporate priorities and develop growth strategies. He will also manage WWE's global TV partners and support WWE Co-Presidents Michelle Wilson and George Barrios on new agreements and business opportunities.

Rosenstock is an accomplished media and technology executive who has been instrumental in architecting and expanding Sony, Discovery and VICE's international businesses. At Discovery, Rosenstock oversaw $3 billion of international expansion investment including the acquisition of Eurosport. He was also the President of Discovery Education International, a multi-faceted K-12 digital education business.

At VICE, Rosenstock was President of Viceland International, the award-winning linear, digital and mobile TV network reaching 100 million subscribers across 75 territories. He also led VICE's efforts to launch businesses in India, Middle East, Brazil and Southeast Asia.

Most recently, Rosenstock was co-CFO and Chief Strategy Officer for ezCater, the #1 online marketplace for business catering.

Rosenstock began his career as an investment banker covering the TMT sector, most recently at Credit Suisse. He has been active on a number of corporate boards including all3 Media (Chairman) and Sony/ATV Music Publishing, and serves on the Board of Special Olympics New York."

39 minutes ago, caley said:

This has been retweeted into my timeline 2-3 times already today.  I don't actually follow Brazzers.  Honest.  No, seriously!

I keep picturing your avatar saying this and that just makes it 1,000 times better.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I'm currently going through some 1992 episodes of Smoky Mountain, and boy howdy, if you like bland, white wrestlers with blond mullets, this is the promotion for you--Tim Horner; Brian Lee; the new Fantastics; Scott Armstrong as "Dixie Dynamite"; and Bob Holly doing the worst "Hollywood star" gimmick in history. 

It's easy to see why New Jack had such an incredible impact in SMW, when you see the context of what it was like before he got there 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Log said:

I'm a big fan of the Southern territory "Hollywood" gimmick where the dude has a super-thick southern accent.

I always like how "Hollywood" John Tatum when from being from Hollywood FL to Hollywood CA. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, caley said:
This has been retweeted into my timeline 2-3 times already today.  I don't actually follow Brazzers.  Honest.  No, seriously!

Blue Chew did one also - I don't know if it was before or after Brazzers

2 hours ago, Log said:

I'm a big fan of the Southern territory "Hollywood" gimmick where the dude has a super-thick southern accent.

I'd like it more if there was even a little bit of effort put into it. Literally all he does to work the gimmick is name drop Julia Roberts in promos. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Anyone want to guess which female superstar is currently not medically cleared to compete?

She's DVDVR's favorite topic when it comes to WWE's women's division.

Doesn't even narrow it down.

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Anyone want to guess which female superstar is currently not medically cleared to compete?

She's DVDVR's favorite topic when it comes to WWE's women's division.

My guess is Sasha.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1