DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

14 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I haven't paid attention in awhile, but I think both have receding hairlines. I don't know about bald spots.

Nick is the one that’s balding. He tends to wear a bandanna to hide it, Lebron-style, but he’s starting to get it at the top too. So now he’s going to have to pull an HBK with his hair(Ponytails, braided ponytails,  strategically placed cowboy hats).

7 minutes ago, Ryan said:

He's got money, now. He can just get really shitty hair plugs.

Yeah, but then they’d have to write an injury angle to explain why he has to wear a sweatsuit top with a hoodie, while his post surgery hair heals. Sounds like a pain in the ass.

Regardless those plugs will fall out after all the stress caused by running a company.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

11 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Bald spots are pro wrestling. 

When I was a really really little kid, between Savage, Hogan, Earthquake and a million others, I honestly thought that the skullet was kind of awesome, if not an outright uniform

I used to be in denial that Hogan was bald(Being bald in my mind, meant being old). When I was bored in school, and daydreamed about wrestling, Hogan’s bandanna never came off in matches. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, MapRef41N93W said:

Running a Twitter account dedicated to cataloging and griping about things Dave Meltzer says has got to be one of the dorkiest hobbies around. And yes I realize I'm saying that in a post on a pro wrestling messageboard.

Unfortunately that's a large part of Wrestling Twitter. Playing opposition to a Promotion , a journalist or a wrestler and they have to stick to the gimmick.

7 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

You're closer to middle age than the Bucks are, if not past that.

But if the Bucks weren't "cool", they would have not galvanized enough people to make AEW a thing.

Yeah, I'm not cool, either. And the Young Bucks had a little help with that.

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Matt and Nick are 34 and 30. So middle-aged!

I legit thought they were a lot older because they've been around so long. (They're still not cool.)

1 minute ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

I'd argue that there are very few wrestlers who project the image of being 'real world' cool, let alone who actually are. But most wrestling fans aren't 'real world' cool either, so it doesn't present a problem.

This is actually kind of my point.

3 hours ago, JohnnyJ said:

Is polo shirt Jack Swagger cool? Like, in a I’m so cool, I buy my gear in the Kohl’s men’s section sorta way?

Kohl's? ??‍♂️

40 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

I legit thought they were a lot older because they've been around so long. (They're still not cool.)

When they started, they really were Young Bucks. Whereas now, sooner or later a younger heel team is going to have to call them out them out for keeping the name despite failing to prevent the passage of time.

3 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

I'd argue that there are very few wrestlers who project the image of being 'real world' cool, let alone who actually are. But most wrestling fans aren't 'real world' cool either, so it doesn't present a problem.

It depends on your definition of cool. It depends if you think there is only one kind of cool. It depends if you accept other's definitions of 'cool' as your own. It depends if you can recognize cool without it being presented to you as such. It depends on if you think 'real world cool' is cool.

- RAF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

It depends on your definition of cool. It depends if you think there is only one kind of cool. It depends if you accept other's definitions of 'cool' as your own. It depends if you can recognize cool without it being presented to you as such. It depends on if you think 'real world cool' is cool.

- RAF

I think I would consider Batista as real world cool especially dress wise especially when 10 years ago when he was con temporarily dressing like Lil Wayne and Ksnye. Roman comes across as cooler than he get to be portrayed on tv during podcasts. I think modern alot of modern wresters are more in touch with modern mainstream culture than ever for the most part especially in WWE, its only the people in charge and in creative that aren't. Wrestlers in previous Generations for the most part have been in the Wrestling bubble thus behind the times. It's not so much the case today it's just most have to push to get the chance to show it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

Shawn Michaels was wearing assless chaps and dancing to ''Sexy Boy'' well into his 40's. The idea that the Bucks (Nick only being 30) are somehow middle aged is such a dumb talking point that I'm not surprised it's hatched in this thread.

I don't think anyone on this board ever defended Shawn Micheals' fashion sense.

2 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

- RAF

This is the right answer. Hopefully, this silly cool or uncool debate can die now.

Shawn Michaels once tag teamed with God, to face Vince and Shane McMahon. Shawn was so upset at losing, he challenged his partner to a hair vs hair match.

It didn't go well for him.