DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

I have meticulously constructed this over the past five minutes.

How we will know when Vince Russo has been hired by AEW.

Step 1. Dustin Rhodes will disappear for a while.

Step 2. He will return doing a parody of Firefly Funhouse, only instead of Wonder Showzen, it will be exactly like Pee Wee's Playhouse with no actual parody.

Step 3. He will suddenly return as The Monster in a poorly designed mask created by some guy they found on Reddit.

Step 4. In his first appearance before a live crowd as he's about to attack Cody, Dustin will rip the mask off and cut a promo about how stupid this all is and verbatim do the Seven promo from WCW.

Step 5. Cody's dog will end up being the one wearing the mask after this for no reason.

Step 6. The dog will beat Cody for the world title as Dustin seconds the dog at ringside for no reason.

Step 7. Vince Russo will come out and babble about something or other claiming he's a genius for working the marks into a shoot. He will pin the dog and declare title belts worthless.

Step 8. AEW will have a lot of bad references to movies from the 80's.

Step 9. Profit.

Step 10. The Jaguars will win the Super Bowl with Vince Russo as GM.

Needs more sidekicks with names that are spelt backwards. Which the announcers will remind us of every thirty seconds.

"Mike, it's really creeping me out that Rellik is killer spelt backwards. And it gets even worse when you realise that killer is Rellik spelt backwards!"

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Oh boy. Meltzer says FOX has officially offered the co-host role of WWE Backstage to CM Punk.

I'm sure Booker T is yelling at a cloud or something right about now.

Booker's co-hosting the Smackdown preshow with Renee.

giphy.gif

https://www.thewrap.com/all-elite-wrestling-dynamite-ratings-aew-nxt-wwe/

TNT’s ‘All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite’ Debut Buries USA Network’s ‘NXT’ in Ratings

The winner, and NEW champion: “All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite” on TNT!

Professional wrestling’s “Wednesday Night Wars” officially started on cable television last night, when the new weekly AEW wrestling show debuted to 1.409 million total viewers, besting USA Network’s “NXT,” which posted 891,000 total viewers (down 11% from last week’s show).

“Dynamite” more than doubled its competition in the key adults 18-49 demographic, scoring 878,000 viewers compared to “NXT’s” 414,000 (putting the USA wrestling series up 1% from its week-ago broadcast in that metric).

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

"Some people aren't good with comedy." - Dave Meltzer

What comedy? That post is 100% going to happen or is the most amazing thing ever written. It's gold, Jerry, gold! *shrugs*

• Like 1

Could a pay it forward format with TV time work?

Say TNT acknowledged future issues with scheduling around the NBA, and agreed to give them 360 minutes of TV time a month to use how they see fit.

Subsequently you have maybe 2 x 45 minute recap type shows a month (maybe one dedicated to just one big match), a standard 90 minute show and then a big 3 hr Clash of the Champions type deal if need be. Or just 4 weeks of 90 mins where the story suits it.

I think there's significant issues with predictable running times and the ensuing formats. You tune in with 30 mins to go in Raw, maybe the opening 30 too and the rest you can read up on.

Guys don't become as stale and overexposed as you no longer have a mandate to fill that much TV time every week. Maybe the surprises hit more if you promise a quick 45 minute go home show and something big happens instead.

On 10/2/2019 at 5:58 PM, droneking said:

I'm sure Jalen Ramsey would wear it.

I can see Jalen Ramsey rejecting a WWE Universal belt and asking for something like The Western States Heritage Title or one of World Class 6 Man titles just to be difficult.

• Like 1

I’m watching Panthers-Lightning. They just aired an ad for a WWE House Show at the BB&T Center. With Rollins nasally saying “Burn it down”, and promoting a defense against Corbin. My Lord, how is this guy the top face, with that dance partner?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

What comedy? That post is 100% going to happen or is the most amazing thing ever written. It's gold, Jerry, gold! *shrugs*

That's Kenny Bania material. That's worse than the bit about Ovaltine.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Are either of these the brother who stood in for Angle in an angle with Lesnar pre-Mania 19? 

Yes. The one just arrested for steroids(Eric) did the Twin Magic angle with Lesnar. Eric was also arrested back in March for picking up a 12-year-old boy by the neck/throat at a youth wrestling tournament and tossing him down.

Edited by Peck