DVDVR Message Board

Raw is A Season Premiere - 9/30/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Per Meltzer - Brock's angle with Rey and Heyman's promo later where both to lay the groundwork for Brock vs. Cain Velasquez

Cain is not signed yet and everything was vague enough that it can all be ignored if it doesn't happen but that is the vision the WWE has in mind at the moment

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I hope you've seen the Bash '86 ones with Tully Blanchard and Ron Garvin.  Fucking awesome.  On the network.

It is impossible to say "Tully Blanchard and Ron Garvin" without also saying "Fucking awesome."

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer - Brock's angle with Rey and Heyman's promo later where both to lay the groundwork for Brock vs. Cain Velasquez

Cain is not signed yet and everything was vague enough that it can all be ignored if it doesn't happen but that is the vision the WWE has in mind at the moment

Oh, what a great idea! Let's sign a guy so fragile that he can wind up on the shelf from blowing his nose with an aging, frequently sloppy and careless human wrecking machine. Yeah, this has VKM's fingerprints all over it. 

9 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Oh, what a great idea! Let's sign a guy so fragile that he can wind up on the shelf from blowing his nose with an aging, frequently sloppy and careless human wrecking machine. Yeah, this has VKM's fingerprints all over it. 

Cain is fine and the rest of this is a gross exaggeration.

• Like 3

I'm only up to the intros for AJ/Cedric so didn't know about that ending segment.  That sounds awful and I dread watching it.

But I would like to wonder who thought it was a good idea to have Becky stand on the table during the match with Jerry Lawler sitting there.  It was almost like they were testing him to see if he'd sneak a peek and from what I can tell he failed at least two times.

Oh, and the pyro being back is cool though I wonder why AJ didn't get his back.  The video screen is quite something so hopefully that gets better utilized.

22 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm only up to the intros for AJ/Cedric so didn't know about that ending segment.  That sounds awful and I dread watching it.

But I would like to wonder who thought it was a good idea to have Becky stand on the table during the match with Jerry Lawler sitting there.  It was almost like they were testing him to see if he'd sneak a peek and from what I can tell he failed at least two times.

Oh, and the pyro being back is cool though I wonder why AJ didn't get his back.  The video screen is quite something so hopefully that gets better utilized.

AJ's pyro didn't go off, which lead him to saying during or after the match that the fireworks happened in the ring instead.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Guessing it also leads to Rey costing Brock the title on SD.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Guessing it also leads to Rey costing Brock the title on SD.

Which should lead to a match on Sunday or at the Saudi PPV.   And I just checked, and they haven't had a match in almost 16 years. 

Also should've guessed there'd be some interaction since WWE's youtube channel put this up 3 days ago. 

12 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Between Lashley gesturing so many times and the kiss running so long, I get the feeling they sent Lashley out sooner than intended and dragged to eat time. 

It seemed as though the timing of that last segment was messed up. It took forever to get Lana out there because they were waiting for her music and then they had to wait for the exact point to fire off the effects for The Fiend. That definitely didn't make the kiss thing any better. What type of a dude is Rusev when he doesn't just run up there and start swinging??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

That makes no sense what so ever. So they're hinging an angle on IF they sign someone. But I shouldn't be surprised. I mean they don't plan anything else out right.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I did consider that to be an option.

Hell, if it doesn’t happen they can just use the footage in a few years for Dominic Mysterio v Luke Lesnar

Edited by Ultimo Necro

3 hours ago, OSJ said:

Want say Velasquez has done several matches in Mexico with everyone generally being impressed with him. Still seems odd and random. It would be sad if the first truly interesting feud Mysterio has started up since returning is for someone else.

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

Brock murderdeathkills the teenage son of a fellow superstar (and legend) and not one babyface in the back does anything? Weak AF. 

Brock is a monster, and faces not saving each other has been a sad norm for years now. Kofi who wasn't there has stated that he plans to beat Brock's ass and make him go away forever os its not lie there has been no response.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

If this falls through they can have Walter get revenge while pretending he is Dominic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Who could forget the time Roddy Piper got paid with a spittoon full of cocaine? (At least I think that was it)

While complaining about it while shoveling it into his nose, as the story goes. I wouldn't have complained about it. Somebody hands me a spittoon full of coke? Great! That's money I don't have to spend on cocaine. 

• Haha 1