DVDVR Message Board

Raw is A Season Premiere - 9/30/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Brock may be a monster, but for example, you have a couple face tag teams like the Viking Raiders and Heavy Machinery who are in the building and are physically imposing. Nobody coming out during that segment makes all the RAW faces seem like cowardly wimps. Even having someone come out and get his ass kicked would've shown some courage and would've been something to build on.

• Like 1

Brock may be a monster, but for example, you have a couple face tag teams like the Viking Raiders and Heavy Machinery who are in the building and are physically imposing. Nobody coming out during that segment makes all the RAW faces seem like cowardly wimps. Even having someone come out and get his ass kicked would've shown some courage and would've been something to build on.

• Like 2

or maybe they just don't like Rey and feel like his kid is an entitled punk

I mean, it's pretty bad if the Lucha House Party doesn't even come out to save Rey Fucking Mysterio.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Know who should've tried to make a save? Chad Gable. Have him run out and get the upper hand on Brock for a bit before getting laid out. That's what a courageous underdog babyface would've done.

Gable running out, getting grabbed for a German suplex, and then doing a standing switch and launching Lesnar for a suplex would have gotten a huge reaction.

Edited by Hamhock
  • Like 9

Hell, at some point Brock may actually volunteer for that, Gable being another Minnesota boy and all.    

Brock and Gable would be an amazing David-Goliath match where, inexplicably, David is the stronger of the two. 

• Like 4

I liked the Brock angle, but let's see where they go with it.

The Rusev angle booking was garbage. It took forever for Lana to come out. Just seemed badly mistimed. Rusev looked like he didn't care at all. He barely even reacted or looked annoyed. He looked mildly annoyed because he was ready to hit the showers.

It definitely feels like WWE has something special with Bray Wyatt. I hope they do the right thing on Sunday. 

When Bray Wyatt first came in to WWE, it felt like they finally had a huge character comparable to Undertaker or Mankind. I'm not saying Bray Wyatt is a low rent Taker or Foley, but he managed to create a character and gimmick that's on a similar level to those characters, one they can brand and get a lot of mileage out. They undoubtedly squandered Bray and ruined his character with all the times he had to job to Cena  and made him look like a chump.

Now that Wyatt has finally reinvented himself as the Fiend and gotten some distance from all the past BS, they have a fresh start and a clean slate here. It should be obvious without saying for WWE to not fuck this up. But Vince and whoever, don't fuck this up. 

Now, I'm not sure what the ultimate end game is, but give Wyatt the title and basically give him a reign of terror over Raw. 

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

The Bray Wyatt gimmick is great from the pov of someone like me as I absolutely have no need to watch RAW to keep fully up to date with it.

I honestly don't get the Lana thing at all. I mean her character is something like 'Person who used to pretend to be Russian and still kind of pretends but not really because she's on Total Divas and...whatever'. Just.....no. People chant 'We want Lana' more as something to chant than out of a desire to see Lana.

On 10/1/2019 at 2:44 PM, The Natural said:

bec6577b0bbda91f-600x338.jpg

WCW Halloween Havoc 1997 representation.

I watched that match back this week. Amazing story and the degree of difficulty pulled off the way they did. I mean:

ql4dsyw29oa31.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1