DVDVR Message Board

Raw is A Season Premiere - 9/30/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Yikes @ that finish. Memes of Lashley and Lana are going to be something. 

Positives - 

Opening segment was great shit.  Brock beat the hell out of Rey and Dominic. I loved the ambulance sound siren as another match was going on.

Pyro and lighting was cool 

Negatives - 

Seth Rollins and The Miz both acting like they was gonna do shit to Brock.  They had 20 minutes and neither got involved. 

Commentary was rough.   Vic Joseph got better as the show went on.  The other dude barely spoke.   Lawler had to carry the entire Brock beatdown. 

And like I said on Twitter, that opening angle would have been perfect if Brock had finished the beat down by saying to Dominic, "I still haven't forgiven your dad for No Way Out." 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Wait, so Lashley and Lana were in the limo? That’s... underwhelming.

Team Flair is Orton, Corbin and Lashley so far? Team Hogan is Rollins and Rusev... even though Rusev immediately went into pseudo heel mode in that backstage promo after he saved Rollins.

Same WWE, just more shiny new shit and pyro to distract us from that.

• Like 3

So don't post that Stevie Wonder song I was thinking after watching that.  And I don't mean Isn't she Lovely either.  Got it  ?

Hogan picking Rollins is him thinking out loud:  "I wonder if he still has his old girlfriends phone number brother"  

I'm an adult. I have seen people kiss. But to quote Jason Mantzoukas on How Did This Get Made, their kissing was grrrrrrroooooosssssssssss.

Welp, I hope Lana and Rusev enjoyed their marriage while it lasted.

And my god. The kissing felt like it lasted forever.

The rest of Raw? I honestly don't even remember.

SO guys are we're just going to not talk about the big glaring subtext in the Lana/Lashley story?

That Bobby Lashley is the most boring person who has ever lived on this earth and that we're being tortured for some as of yet unnamed crime against teh mcMahon family by having him pushed YET A FUCKING GAIN????????

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think we can all agree that was Heyman 100% right 

Seriously between the cuckolding and this, I still think that Heyman and Bischoff pulled some kind of mind switch

At least you can say that Lana has upgraded.  I mean she isn't wearing acid washed clothing and dating Dolph Ziggler this time 

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2

The thrashing Brock gave to Rey and Dominic was great, he tossed them around like bags of garbage. But then they had to drag out the orange goblin and his jock-sniffing buddy with the megaphone -- and an embalmed Ric Flair -- which immediately made me check out.

At least Ricochet/Cesaro got five minutes to do their thing. Sick West Coat Pop to end that one.

3 minutes ago, piranesi said:

SO guys are we're just going to not talk about the big glaring subtext in the Lana/Lashley story?

That Bobby Lashley is the most boring person who has ever lived on this earth and that we're being tortured for some as of yet unnamed crime against teh mcMahon family by having him pushed YET A FUCKING GAIN????????

I'm pretty sure this is our punishment for the crowd that booed Hogan's return last week. 

• Like 2

The opening segment with Brock murdering Rey and Dominic was unexpected and kind of neat to see Brock building some real heel heat going into the match with Kofi. I assume Rey is Brock's first victim as champ though I still hope we see Kofi retain.

I didn't pay too much attention to Ricochet/Cesaro. I lie both but it feels like a been there done that type of deal seeing them wrestle again already. I did like seeing the Dragonrana. I'm shocke dmore people don;t use that one.

Sasha/Alexa was pretty solid though there were way too many cuts to Becky.

Nattie/Lacey was pretty decent. Loved that last Women;s Right.

Authors of Pain had another awesome video. I'm annoyed both tag champs are heels right now because I really want AOP to just come out and murder whoever for the tag titles already.

AJ/Cedric was unsurprisingly good.

I mostly skipped Miz TV. It was nice to see Rusev get such a big reaction.

Rusev/Seth was decent while lasted. I have zero interest in the Lana/Lashley tandem or seeing a guy feud with his wife. I would have been good with Lashley staying gone.

FFH was a neat.

Thought tonight's show was generally decent though still not strong on the whole. I dug the new entrance set. Vic is decent on commentary though he neither him nor Maddin feel like they have gotten completely into the swing of things. King oddly enough did have to carry things a bit as far as keeping commentary moving. Vic and Dio could be a decent team after a couple of months. Still wish Tom Phillips had gotten Raw or SDL.