DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 10/2/2019

Dolfan in NYC

5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Did we ever figure out if the stunt he pulled at the end of last year's Bound For Glory was a work or a shoot? Because if it was a shoot and it was my decision to make, he's not worth the trouble and it would take a lot to convince me otherwise. 

I thought it was a shoot.

• Like 1

I saw somewhere that he (Ares) and Morrison were doing a "worked shoot" angle and he was going to come back as a loose cannon type character, but he neglected to ever tell Callis and D'Amore this, so they were pretty pissy about the BFG ending and that shot that all to shit.

I don't appreciate the teasing. We never heard the reason not to go beyond "two" in the sync check.

They also ran the main event promo hype segments.

Edited by Ace

We just got here and it's fully sinking in. Been an indy fan since '02 and seeing it turn to this has me overcome with emotion. This is fucking wonderful, folks. 

I love you all and let's have fun tonight. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 10

I thought it was really good. Just a refreshing change of pace. Doesn't mean it wasn't without it's problems, but it felt really weird and good to watch something other than WWE at this level.

• Like 1

That was 70 minutes of a pretty good show, then the Women's title match and the main plus the love letter to the nWo happened and just murdered everything.  Holy shit the last 50 minutes were bad.  Just bad.

Guess Bellator ran out of meat packers for Hager to fight.

And finally, if TNT is going to put a thousand commercials into the show, the need to format around that.

• Like 2

This show was eh, I think. The best parts were the finishing run of the women's match where everyone started throwing bombs to try and finish it and Pac being a piece of shit heel in general. 

Quick Thoughts: 

Match of the Night: Riho/Nyla, followed by Cody/Guevara

some timing issues, especially with the end beatdown, just went on and on and on, way past the point where the point was made.

Not sure what they were going for with the Private Party thing.

I really liked Rhodes vs Guevara, but yeah 'random heel faction' isn't very special.

Also why did Dustin have his makeup/gear on?

I actually liked Schiavone on commentary, I was a bit disappointed that he didn't do a self-aware 'greatest night in the history....' proclamation though. But seriously, he's actually the right guy to have do play-by-play.

And full marks for TV Time Remaining.

Edited by ComingToAmerica
  • Like 1

The beatdowns went WAAAAAAAAYY too long.  And no, we didn't need nWo pt 2343452346534564576435665345 right off the bat.

And why the fuck did the Main continue when Mox nuked Omega RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF????  Man, then did a bunch right then just, woof....

• Like 3

Just now, Raziel said:

That was 70 minutes of a pretty good show, then the Women's title match and the main plus the love letter to the nWo happened and just murdered everything.  Holy shit the last 50 minutes were bad.  Just bad.

Guess Bellator ran out of meat packers for Hager to fight.

And finally, if TNT is going to put a thousand commercials into the show, the need to format around that.

Most of these are my complaints. Rose vs Riho went WAAAAAY too long. Fans were at least into the finish, but man, Nyla shouldn't be working matches that long.

Too many commercials and they'll need to learn how to plan around those. I know it's an exaggeration, but it felt like there were an hour's worth of commercials.

I didn't want Hager and still don't, but I thought they were using him well until no one else came out to fight off Jericho, Hager, and others. Even though he did a great attack on Kenny, Moxley should have come back out to fight some more and just show that he's an agent of chaos without any allegiances.