DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 10/2/2019

Dolfan in NYC

14 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Was this something in the past because Suda 51 is making a story mode for FPW.

It was waaaaaaaay in the past. Right after the release of FPR on PS2 in the states. Him, and a FPC forum mod were in on it for weeks. Then after all that time of fans speculating, and discussing their wish list for the potential game they created a thread basically admitting to a prank on everyone. Now granted April 1st was coming up, but they revealed it ahead of April 1st, and again they were stringing posters along for quite sometime. To say people were pissed was an understatement. A lot of posters were absolutely heartbroken. To the point the forum became a ghost town quickly after that.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Surely not - 

Ok...Austin Aries is a dick and his personal history isn't what you would call good, BUT

and this is a big but

he's a hell of a talker and a hell of a worker. If he, or TK, or the Bucks, or Omega, or even Jericho could get Aries to reign in the worst parts of his personality and everything else then I could see this working out. 

That said, I've seen people say this shit about plenty of other assholes so many times and it never works. I'm sure someone will provide examples to me, but is there anyone who was notoriously an asshole who was actually able to reign in their asshole tendencies and manage to work out?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Considering how stale people seem to think Morrison and Hager are, I can't imagine anyone caring about Austin Aries in 2019. Pass. I'll take five Rybacks over Aries. 

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

From what little I've seen of Aries in MLW this year, dude's lost so much weight that he'd probably look tiny even on this roster. That definitely won't help his small-man complex.

Dude looks like Shipwreck if he got hooked on meth after the Springfield episode. I would take Ryback, and his bone broth shakes over him.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

From what little I've seen of Aries in MLW this year, dude's lost so much weight that he'd probably look tiny even on this roster. That definitely won't help his small-man complex.

You're not wrong. I think I last saw him a couple months ago and he looked like a dude who didn't need to be doing a keto diet who was on a keto diet. He was so much smaller and had lost so much mass that I wondered if something was wrong with him.

EDIT: And a google search shows he's fully vegan. No meat, no dairy, nothing processed, just plants. That would explain why he looks somewhat emaciated and why he wears pants in his matches I guess.

Edited by Craig H

Aries was one of the best in North America not that long ago and was the best thing about Impact when he was there from what I sawr. But Craig is right that there's no point in bringing him in because it's not worth the risk.

9 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Aries was one of the best in North America not that long ago and was the best thing about Impact when he was there from what I sawr. But Craig is right that there's no point in bringing him in because it's not worth the risk.

Yeah, I mean, if there were no risk then it would be a no brainer, but the guy's history is just plain bad. 

I don't begrudge anyone deciding their station in life is shit and wanting to do something different, deciding where they're working isn't the right fit, not wanting to be 100% committed to any place to stay there for more than a year or two, but don't burn your bridges and burn your peers and burn everything else on your way out. Also, maybe keep some of your other fringe views to yourself.