DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 10/2/2019

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I’d really love to know why these TV deals take so long to announce for AEW. The date, and time should’ve been announced a long time ago for this on TSN.

According to Meltzer, TNT is who is handling these negotiations.

If the partners have been spoiled, who are they? Am I to assume all of the Hager talk means he is one of them?

As for Ryback, say what you will about him in the ring but at least he has a personality and is charismatic. Hager is lifeless.

Edited by Oyaji

Pretty certain it’s Santana and Ortiz and they are being revealed tonight to try to prevent a disappointed reaction tomorrow. Because you can’t advertise mystery opponents for the debut show and it’s people who have already debuted. 

Pretty weak even if that should be a great match. If it were LAX all along, they probably shouldn't have announced the match until they had debuted to avoid getting hopes up. As previously stated, the market has dried up until contracts start expiring, so it is what it is until probably after Mania next year.

Edited by Oyaji

I’m wondering if maybe they planned this spot for gallows and Anderson. Or perhaps they weren’t going to use lax at the ppv, but wanted a  surprise since one of the main events fell through. 

Either way I think it’s good to reveal it ahead of time and they can have the show end with the bucks, Lucha bros and Santana and Ortiz confrontation right as you head into the tag tournament next week. 

I expected it to be LAX since All Out (and a tad before that) and will love to see them match up with Young Bucks.  So I can't say I'm disappointed in it and it should be fun.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Craig H said:

This is what I had in mind too. Of course, they have to actually sign Marty and you'd think that's where Marty will end up considering all of his friends are there, but the Bucks, Kenny, Cody, and the rest also seem like guys who would totally understand him taking his shot and going to NXT, being the shiny new toy there for 6 months to a year, and then fading into obscurity.

Six months to a year is being very generous.

See: Lee, Keith

See: Kushida

Regarding ADR, I totally agree but fuck was he so god damn awesome as a fiery babyface for his run in Lucha Underground. Prime Del Rio (I haven't seen shit from his masked days).

Edited by Oyaji

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

See: Kushida

Lee hasn't really done much, but Kushida started off with an ok debut and mini-feud with Gulak. Now he is is feuding with Imperium and likely will get a UK Title match with Walter at some point in the next couple of months.

41 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Lee hasn't really done much, but Kushida started off with an ok debut and mini-feud with Gulak. Now he is is feuding with Imperium and likely will get a UK Title match with Walter at some point in the next couple of months.

Kushida started slow, but at least has some direction now. I saw a submission matches between he and Gulak in Asbury Park.  

I'm looking forward to seeing him against WALTER. I must say I was disappointed in Kushida's partners being Breezango in the six man against Imperium. I guess I had expected Moustache Mountain. 

39 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Kushida started slow, but at least has some direction now. I saw a submission matches between he and Gulak in Asbury Park.  

I'm looking forward to seeing him against WALTER. I must say I was disappointed in Kushida's partners being Breezango in the six man against Imperium. I guess I had expected Moustache Mountain. 

I expected Moustache Mountain as well, but I was happy it was Breezango. It was a good surprise and the two are pretty solid as a team. That said I have to admit if I'm watching Breezango team with anyone I would rather it be Velveteen Dream.

15 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Lee literally got a big win on last week's show and the series against Dijakovic has been a feature for the last month.

He also got hurt which was part of the reason his initial push was stalled

• Like 2

I totally forgot i ordered tickets to another Studio Ghibli movie months ago and it's tonight. Curses. I'll have to peep most of the second hour when I get back but I will be jonesing the entire time I'm not watching. Hello first world problems. 

34 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I totally forgot i ordered tickets to another Studio Ghibli movie months ago and it's tonight. Curses. I'll have to peep most of the second hour when I get back but I will be jonesing the entire time I'm not watching. Hello first world problems. 

Man, AEW would be so much better as a Ghibli movie. My Neighbor Luchasaurus.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

Man, AEW would be so much better as a Ghibli movie. My Neighbor Luchasaurus.

Oh, shit, I would so love to see that.  If only I had a modicum of artistic talent I'd have this drawn immediately.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Stereolab for me tonight.  I've been waiting to see the Lab live as long as I've been waiting for a good rival North American wrestling promotion.  Regardless, very much looking forward to AEW in my prefered method of 'tape delay'.  Also, NXT announces Cole-Riddle to kick off their show.  Tremendous!  The spirit of competition is alive and well in the world of professional wrestling.  

• Like 1