DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 10/2/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Aside from the dudes who brought their music with them (Cody, Kenny, the Bucks, Lucha Bros. Hangman, and Jericho), most of the music does suck and is really nondescript. It's all generic sounding jobber music. I don't think Jim Johnston is the answer because he's kinda out of touch himself and CFO$ don't seem like they want to be saddled with making wrestling music anymore.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Oh my God, that song was in the first Rogue Galaxy game.

Was that a Serg song? If you shazam it, it shows up as being from an album called Dark Country by Blues Saraceno...that I have now downloaded and am listening to ?

early NWA-TNA  in 02 had Jarrett's and Styles which were two of the best plus the Disciples of the New Church theme was great. I personally liked Scott Hall's "Marvelous Me" theme. And the more generic ones were still pretty good (AMW, Michael Shane, Kazarian, etc) Plenty of good ones there to compare the first year.

the Serg era did have some great ones too, Beer Money stands out as well as James Storm's solo "Longnecks and Rednecks" theme. Madison Rayne's always a great one, Gail Kim, etc.

I liked when Billy Corgan came in and suddenly we had Marilyn Manson, Hole, and Smashing Pumpkins themes being used. Anytime Jeff Hardy was around, he did his own themes and used about 5 or so over the years which was pretty cool.

Currently, I love the themes for Eddie Edwards, Taya, Tessa, and Elgin among others so Impact still has a lot of good in their music department. As mentioned in AEW, the only ones that have stood out to me are the ones we already knew (Cody & Jericho), so hopefully that improves.

• Like 4

My daughter’s school charity colour run was the first thing I thought of too, @Craig H

Yes the music is all pretty nondescript at the moment, sometimes the themes take a while to grow on you, or you start to get that Pavlovian response as they play over major events and afterwards your brain makes that association (I never liked This Fire Burns but then MITB 2011 happened and now they are linked in my mind).

The chugging guitar at the end of the intro leading into JR’s enthusiastic welcome to the show will hit that 90s wrestling vibe so hard, maybe too nostalgic. 

the Road To TNT had Conrad offering that pre-show, fans perspective. So is Turkey Tits AEW’s answer to Sam Roberts? And if so, which would you prefer?

Last point, the latest BTE is only 3 minutes but I think it’s the best acting I’ve ever heard from Matt Jackson, in that it’s the first time he genuinely sounds like he’s not taking the piss and it’s all a big joke (‘authentic’ has its place but I prefer the Cody heartfelt passionate promo style).

• Like 1

Havoc's theme is good, but it could be a lot better. Just doesn't have enough weight behind it, if that makes sense.

Allin's theme is fucking perfect, and probably the best one in the company if we're talking purely about music that fits a character and is memorable.

• Like 1

? Man, they are really leaning into Kenny going crazy to start off their run on TNT. That's ballsy as hell and goes against doing a basic bitch intro where you just have them be the guys that made them popular in the first place for a broader audience. Bravo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was expecting they would pay AFI to use I Hope You Suffer for Havoc's entrance. Bummed. Him and Swerve losing their entrance themes sucks.

I don't like the Dynamite intro music, but it's far better than SlipKnot in 2019 and a neat intro overall. (No garbage metal intro so no attention seeking buffoons will be headbanging in the crowd, so that's a major plus for AEW)

Edited by Edwin

58 minutes ago, Casey said:

Havoc's theme is good, but it could be a lot better. Just doesn't have enough weight behind it, if that makes sense.

Allin's theme is fucking perfect, and probably the best one in the company if we're talking purely about music that fits a character and is memorable.

If Jimmy Havoc's theme were heavier, it'd be my favorite one. It has potential to be awesome if tweeked a bit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

early NWA-TNA  in 02 had Jarrett's and Styles which were two of the best plus the Disciples of the New Church theme was great. I personally liked Scott Hall's "Marvelous Me" theme. And the more generic ones were still pretty good (AMW, Michael Shane, Kazarian, etc) Plenty of good ones there to compare the first year.

the Serg era did have some great ones too, Beer Money stands out as well as James Storm's solo "Longnecks and Rednecks" theme. Madison Rayne's always a great one, Gail Kim, etc.

I liked when Billy Corgan came in and suddenly we had Marilyn Manson, Hole, and Smashing Pumpkins themes being used. Anytime Jeff Hardy was around, he did his own themes and used about 5 or so over the years which was pretty cool.

Currently, I love the themes for Eddie Edwards, Taya, Tessa, and Elgin among others so Impact still has a lot of good in their music department. As mentioned in AEW, the only ones that have stood out to me are the ones we already knew (Cody & Jericho), so hopefully that improves.

I also liked Abyss, Christian Cage and Sting's entrance themes. Styles' had the best TNA theme.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I also liked Abyss, Christian Cage and Sting's entrance themes. Styles' was the best of them.

Good call, Christian's was a great one. Based on "My Last Breath" by Evanescence. That along with both versions of his last WWE theme were excellent.

• Thanks 1

I haven't seen MJF's act other than the AEW shows so I am looking forward to him on Wednesday. I really have taken to the Lucha Bros and enjoyed their matches so I hope they get to show more soon. I agree with everyone else though that the music is subpar but it will get better.