DVDVR Message Board

Random Boxing Thoughts/News v. 7

Elsalvajeloco

I actually pointed out Mark Breland to my wife in between rounds and said "You can tell that guy wants to call it."

Glad he did. Respect to Wilder but once his ear exploded he moved like a drunk. Once he started using his right forearm to lean on the top rope for balance I got pretty scared for the man. 

• Like 2

"In the past Fury has equated homosexuality and abortions with paedophilia, claimed “Zionist, Jewish people … own all the banks, all the papers, all the TV stations” and “a woman’s best place is in the kitchen and on her back”."

Good for him conquering depression and being a great boxer, he's still a piece of shit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, SturmCRF said:

"In the past Fury has equated homosexuality and abortions with paedophilia, claimed “Zionist, Jewish people … own all the banks, all the papers, all the TV stations” and “a woman’s best place is in the kitchen and on her back”."

Good for him conquering depression and being a great boxer, he's still a piece of shit.

Let's drop this idea of Tyson Fury as a great boxer right now. He's not, he's a decent fighter in a horribly lackluster division. Prime Lennox Lewis would have him for breakfast, As far as being a piece of shit? I'm more surprised when a fighter turns out to be a decent person (see: Klitchkos, Lewis, etc.) than I am when they turn out to be be an obnoxious lout. After all, hitting people in the head for a living is not a choice that most sane people make.

BTW: Anyone else think that Tyson's remarks sound suspiciously like what you might hear from a closet case?

Edited by OSJ

15 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Let's drop this idea of Tyson Fury as a great boxer right now. He's not, he's a decent fighter in a horribly lackluster division. Prime Lennox Lewis would have him for breakfast, As far as being a piece of shit? I'm more surprised when a fighter turns out to be a decent person (see: Klitchkos, Lewis, etc.) than I am when they turn out to be be an obnoxious lout. After all, hitting people in the head for a living is not a choice that most sane people make.

BTW: Anyone else think that Tyson's remarks sound suspiciously like what you might hear from a closet case?

I have no idea if he is or not really (a great boxer, not a closet case), I have a decent working knowledge of MMA cos I watch a lot of it, a good knowledge of Judo from first hand experience, and a very spotty grasp of boxing because Anthony Joshua's from my hometown and I watch his fights. I assumed Fury was fairly top tier seeing as he convincingly beat an undefeated World Champ of some description, but if he's not then that suits me, more chance someone punches his face off in the near future.

And yeah, you don't look for your combat sports personalities to be moral paragons. The bar is pretty low, but he's managed to walk into it chest first repeatedly with a running tally of 0 genuine apologies, so I'm not having our press try and turn him into some national hero, which of course they are. If he ever actually expresses regret about the shit he's said, or if someone publishes research showing that depression can make you a bigoted religious fanatic, I'll be happy to reassess him then.

• Like 1

Deontay is going for his rematch claiming his 40 pound ring gear weakened his legs and caused his demise.  Not getting dummied about the head and torso by a better fighter.  May as well take the match since dance cards will be full for awhile if he doesn't.  On the level of lame excuses for losses this ranks up there with Vinny Pazienza saying he lost to Roy Jones because he suffered a caffeine crash from drinking too many cappucinos during the day of the fight and Bobby Czyz when he lost to Charles Williams the first time because his side hurt from really bad gas

Edited by Serious Darius Bagfelt
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, OSJ said:

Lennox would run into the same issue others do with Fury.  His pure size and ability is a tough puzzle to solve.  Tall fighters that suddenly find themselves in a ring with a taller guy throws a lot them off.  Wilder is 6'7 and 235 and was dwarfed and bullied.  Klitschko looked befuddled all night against Fury in a dreary fight.  I would pick Lewis in a head to head probably but ole Lunchbox didn't always show up in prime shape himself.  Fury is more clever than I ever gave him credit for.  I can see him wrestling Lewis to the point where he's sucking all the oxygen out of the arena and then walking into something like he did twice before to worse fighters than Fury and what was going to happen if they didn't stop the Klitschko fight due to that cut

Kimo totally would have beaten Royce Gracie if only he hadn't been so religious.

Many fighters have thanked God for helping them win, someone has to have blamed God for a loss, right?

1 hour ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Function over fashion Deontay.  That's why Tyson just did the towel and no socks.  He always said his stamina sucked.  Give him a 45 pound costume he would have been taken out by Marvis Frazier

Tyson could have wore poor Marvis to the ring as an outfit and then fought him. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The card on DAZN tonight was pretty good. No complaints. Also, Chocolatito looks to be back officially with a scintillating performance and knockout of Kal Yafai to win the WBA 115 lbs title.

• Like 1