DVDVR Message Board

Random Boxing Thoughts/News v. 7

Elsalvajeloco

7 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Could this see Deontay use more of his tools rather than loading up the one-two so much?

This is just conjecture, but given the type of boxer Breland was, I think that might be Jay Deas doing. Deas is still there. 

Well, for right now at least.

Baranchyk lookin like a Belarussian baby Brock Lesnar out there with the huge back and shoulders with no neck. Not Brock Larson. This fight had little nous and all action. Don't hate that. Bradley was sounding like Jim Ross with the size and power fetish. ? I don't know how Zepeda survived some of those power shots tbh. Dude was like Irish whipping Zepeda off the ropes and hitting him on the counter/comeback. Beautifully accurate short shots by Zepeda. And Baranchyk looked like he was momentarily out of it getting hit with some of them. Lots of head clashing with the southpaw/orthodox stances which couldn't have helped things either. lkf;dasdjfl;akdjf;lakdsfj THE STANKIEST OF STANKY LEGGS! HOLY FUCK. Incredible fight. Thanks for the heads up, it's appreciated. I'll keep an eye out for both of these guys moving forward if they're able to recover.

• 2 weeks later...

had a conversation with a coworker about Tyson fighting Roy Jones Jr. next month. he initiated the convo and didn't understand why Tyson was fighting "some bum" instead of for the title. after some confusion on my part, he admitted that he didn't know who RJJ was.

what. the. fuck. this is why i hate talking to people.

Y'all. Must've. Forgot. 

Oh, I forgot to mention I was shocked by the odds for tonight's fight. Lomo a -400 favourite. Tsn was playing a handful of both guy's fights. I love technical defensive fighters that look to attack so Lomachenko is my kind of fighter but Lopez looks a serious threat. 

Edited by Jiji

12 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Has Max Kellerman always been Merchant-lite because that bullshit he just spewed was 100% Larry ?. SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN, DING DING. 

Kinda, but it got worse as his HBO tenure went along. He basically went from boxing hipster when he did those FNF segments with Brian Kenny to young Larry Merchant.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Loma's going to outbox Lopez and win by a lot on points. He'll never give Lopez a chance to hit him with that right hand. 

OK, this is why I read this thread, but don't post. I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, actually. Did not see Loma just getting outboxed like that. Shit wasn't even close. 

• Like 1

I thought the fight was alright, but this was the aged Lomachenko that showed up against Luke Campbell. I had Teofimo winning rounds 1-7 which made it impossible for for Lomachenko to win with out some KDs or a knockout.

• Like 1

This is why if you really think you are the man you step up and take a challenge against a guy people say is a level or 2 above you even if you lose you lost to the best and if it winds up close you are better from the experience.  Or you come up with a game plan that freezes the better guy up and you win going away.  Teo is the man.  Meanwhile Devin Haney is fighting Yuri Gamboa.  So much wasted talent floating around out there content on fighting smaller guys and no hopers for fringe interim belts.  Then he will move to Welterweight or something and say Teo ducked him

2 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

This is why if you really think you are the man you step up and take a challenge against a guy people say is a level or 2 above you even if you lose you lost to the best and if it winds up close you are better from the experience.  Or you come up with a game plan that freezes the better guy up and you win going away.  Teo is the man.  Meanwhile Devin Haney is fighting Yuri Gamboa.  So much wasted talent floating around out there content on fighting smaller guys and no hopers for fringe interim belts.  Then he will move to Welterweight or something and say Teo ducked him

To be fair to Haney, if he was murking dudes the way Teofimo was up through the Lomachenko fight (Nakatani fight aside), I'm sure Hearn would be more frisky with throwing him in there with top tier guys. Add into that, I'm not sure how many "premium opponents" you're going to see A-side fighters against on DAZN right now. Shit, I'm surprised he's even in there with Gamboa.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say Wilder is delusional about a loss, which probably hurts his chances in a rematch. That's considerably different than the hateful shit that Fury spouts but I don't really look to athletes for morality.

• Like 1