DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 9/25/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I was okay with the flipping destroyer thing in Lee vs Dijak because (a) it was followed up by Dijak hitting the insane moonsault for what he thought in his mind would be the final shot and (b) the next thing after that was basically Keith Lee saying "you're going to have to kill me motherfucker" then hitting his finish for the dominant big man win. If they wrestled for another ten minutes after that I might be a bit more sour but the final stretch was essentially "whoever beats Keith Lee down the road is gonna have to run him over with a bus" to get the job done.

I was more annoyed by the commercial break transition of Riddle getting barreled through a fucking wall - cut to commercial - back from commercial - Riddle is now standing tall and putting Dain through a table like he DIDN'T get barreled through a fucking wall before the commercial. 

I have to say, I did not get a lot out of Kai's return. I mean she's decent enough of course, but the idea of her being the one to go over Shayna after everyone she survived? It would be like Layla over Phoenix x 10. Her kicks are fine, but clearly no better than anybody else's - I wonder if Conti got heat tbh for outshining her.

Ripley as badass babyface is a holding pattern - and she's not winning any big matches with that finish.

Burch's new bit where he calls for Oney is going to get over at Full Sail. Team 1-2 are 'a pair of good hands' still I think, but I like that Burch is starting to get himself over. 

I'm going to be Physics guy and say Grime's finish is difficult to buy, and he's not giving me a reason to want to buy in to it. 

6 man was ok....I dunno, there wasn't really a lot to it after the first 20 seconds. Imperium got annoyed when Kushida did a little boogie with Breezango at the start, but they didn't do anything with that in the match at all - and isn't that kind of the point of this feud?

Edited by ComingToAmerica
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sevendaughters said:

the show was fine, NXT is always fine isn't it, but you could feel the desperation and worry in it. Like when Raw or Nitro were on top in their respective wars they had this strut about them, like they were the big dogs. feel like in two years we'll be burned out as hell.

Looking at the amount of wrestling scheduled to be recorded on my DVR, it's going to be more like two weeks.