DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 9/25/2019

Dolfan in NYC

On tap for tonight!

STREET FIGHT FOR THE #1 CONTENDERSHIP FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP - Killian Dain vs. Matt Riddle

Keith Lee/Dominic Dijakovic III

SIX MAN TAG: Imperium vs. Kushida/TBD/TBD

Dakota Kai returns to in-ring action.

KUSHIDA and Breezeango as a 6 man.  MORE PLEASE

Also based on the reaction tonight, if she can stay healthy Dakota Kai is the best option to take the belt from Shayna.   Not sure there is anyone right now in the women's division that gets that Bayley NXT love than her right now

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2

That's exactly what I've been saying for awhile now. Candice LaRae, while I love her to fucking death, isn't going to beat Shayna. She's going to get steamrolled, beat down post-match, and Dakota will likely save her to a huge pop. In other news, I like Taynara Conti a lot.

Riddle/Dain was a fun brawl. I pray that Riddle takes the title from Adam Cole, and Fish & O'Reilly lose to the Street Profits next week. I'm just so beyond over the Undisputed Era, but it seems like Full Sail still loves them to death so it probably won't happen any time soon. I'm fine with Roderick Strong having a belt, because he's awesome and I'm not sick of him (yet). I'm not convinced that Killian Dain should be at or around the top of the card, fighting for a title opportunity. I've never followed NXT week to week until the USA shows started, but even I didn't buy him as winning that match and challenging Cole.

Keith Lee is fucking amazing, but I don't like Dijakovic at all. He's got a really weird look to him. If they don't go with an eventual Lee/Riddle program for the title, NXT is booked by stupid people.

EDIT: I didn't watch Hour 2 on the Network, because I don't have the Network. I saw some clips on Reddit... it's weird that WALTER is seemingly feuding with KUSHIDA of all people. Oney & Burch seem like a great tag team, but I only saw Oney's hot tag to Burch that led to the finish. TAFKA Lacey Lane needs more time on the Florida loops, I think. Or maybe I just don't buy her Rey Mysterio shit against someone like Rhea Ripley. Speaking of - now Rhea is just wrestling meaningless matches after losing to Shayna? That's a damn shame. Also I guess Trevor Lee wrestled someone and I still don't care.

Edited by Casey

Just now, MonteCarl said:

After that opening match showing what a fucking beast Keith Lee is, and how big the dude is, how could anybody take Adam Cole seriously against him if/when Keith Lee gets a title shot? 

Lots and lots of shenanigans from Undisputed Era, probably. But I want to believe that Keith Lee versus Adam Cole won't happen, because Cole will be drafted to the main roster and someone else will be champion by the time Keith Lee gets a title shot.

• Like 1

By the way, I'm not saying it as a bad thing or a knock against Adam Cole. I think it would be an interesting match and Adam Cole would chickenshit heel the fuck out of the match and it would be fun, and the size/strength difference would be a big part of the build. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like to see Keith Lee get in to a program with Adam Cole.

24 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

He either absolutely doesn't know a Canadian Destroyer is a piledriver.  Or he didn't see it.

One of those is true.  

Or NXT is the outlier because it's supposed to be the smark's product and they let things slide more often than not. I mean, I swear powerbombs were frowned upon, but there were like two in the Dain/Riddle match. Then again, I don't watch enough WWE anymore to know if that's a move that gets used on the regular compared to years past.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I pray that Riddle takes the title from Adam Cole...

This. Cole is the worse of the group.

He, the Lucha Bros. and Johnny Gargano are folks I'd happily never watch again. Every single one either of their matches, regardless of their opponents, is exactly the same.

I forgot Toni Storm is being moved to NXT. I can see her showing up and being the one to dethrone Shayna if it's not Dakota.

I was kinda bummed when they aired the Imperium vs. KUSHIDA and co. graphic and it was Wolfe, Barthel and Aichner and not WALTER. Given the ending of the show, I can see them announcing a UK title match also for next week.

15 minutes ago, Casey said:

Or NXT is the outlier because it's supposed to be the smark's product and they let things slide more often than not. I mean, I swear powerbombs were frowned upon, but there were like two in the Dain/Riddle match. Then again, I don't watch enough WWE anymore to know if that's a move that gets used on the regular compared to years past.

Rowan’s been powerbombing dudes into the post on the regular since his push began. Never sold as lethal as it should be, of course.

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Rowan’s been powerbombing dudes into the post on the regular since his push began. Never sold as lethal as it should be, of course.

Well, I mean, Rollins does the Buckle Bomb still, doesn't he? Of course, now I'm remembering that the Shield's finishing move was the Triple Powerbomb, and that probably happen on-screen this year when they reunited for a minute before Moxley left. So, fuck me I guess right? ?

Owens might also still be doing the pop-up or apron bomb, but it’s been a while some he was in a match I care to watch.

Do powerbombs in that tower of doom spot count? Because that thing happens all the time.

Buddy Murphy has a powerbomb, but they’d need to let him on TV for you to see it. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

I thought Owens' finisher was the Stunner now or something equally lame? Which, funny enough, brings us back to the original topic... because KO should definitely still have the Package Piledriver as a finisher, damnit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

I thought Owens' finisher was the Stunner now or something equally lame? Which, funny enough, brings us back to the original topic... because KO should definitely still have the Package Piledriver as a finisher, damnit.

I don’t think they’ve ever let him use that in WWE. He used to have the package into a side slam though. Devastating! 

• Sad 1

Rey was doing Canadian Destroyers on Andrade not too long ago. Enjoyed last week's NXT better but this was still pretty good. Still not featuring those I hate is always nice. I'm actually looking forward to Candice/Shayna a lot. Haven't been huge on Candice but I think she's pretty good and the match has a lot of potential. That said I think Dakota being the one to beat Shayna would be absolute shit. I love Taynara, always found her underrated/underutilized the past few years and thought she looked like a star in the MYC. That weak ass kick to the armpit sucked as a finish. Keith Lee's still great, last time I saw Dijakovic was I think his first NXT match and he was squashed in under 5 minutes. and Riddle/Dain was fun. Rest of the show was a bit too many squashes for my liking. and Kushida's partners being Breeze and Fandango was rather disappointing, just can't really get into them after years of being main roster jobbers. Next week I'll be switching back and forth, most looking forward to Shayna/Candice, while I cannot stand the street profits so that's one portion I know I'll be watching AEW during. Figure they'll run with Undisputed Era having all the titles until the next Takeover at least.